CZ funtime

5early

Fanatic
Ok guys, got mine out today. Two coils off the recoil spring and deburred everything I could get to. It's cycling great with bulk 3 dram 1 1/8oz loads. Better with federal than Winchester. Both will lock it back when empty and eject with enough force. However, 1 in 10 will hang up on the chamber at about 1 to 2 o'clock just inside the ejection port. It looks like a pretty sharp ledge should I just break those edges and see if it runs better? I have a set of springs on the way from Kirk.

Keith

WideLoadTimmy

Well-Known Fanatic
i am still looking at getting one of these. Things got pretty bad last year but now that I'm almost back to where i was, I should be able to start saving to buy one in January. I have fired Kirk's out at Silverleaf and the thing is fantastic, in my eyes. Good to see a few more people are picking these up. Did RNT ever get theirs done? How did it turn out?

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
So is the 712 still a viable option for getting started in 3 gun? Does Kirk still have any of the springs available? Any word on more bolt handles being produced?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Nordic tells me they're planning on producing more bolt handles but they have no time frame

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
Rob Kroupa said:
So is the 712 still a viable option for getting started in 3 gun? Does Kirk still have any of the springs available? Any word on more bolt handles being produced?
I'm a 3 gun newbie and run one. I picked up an extended tube, fiber optic front sight and mushroom button safety from Tony at MakeReadyProShop.com I bought a set of springs from Kirk, but I haven't messed with them yet. I haven't had any feeding or ejection issues running the Federal bulk ammo so I guess I must be lucky. I can't speak for him as to whether or not he has more springs. I stippled it myself. I'll be buying a Nordic bolt handle as soon as they produce some more. For about $600 you can buy a 712 and have it ready to go for 3 gun.

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm about THIS close to pushing the button on one of these. It wouldn't take much to push me over the edge, I wonder if Tony can get me one, or if I'll have to order from Bud's...

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I vote talk to Tony first, and if you are like so many who get a heavy spring I happen to know where a few are and not too far from Moore, Ok Later,

Kirk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Thought I heard it was not being funded anymore so pretty much a null point IF I understood correctly, I was drinking when the conversation came up so take my info for what it's worth. Later,

Kirk

robkroupa

Well-Known Fanatic
mike cyrwus said:
for the CZ 712? Tell me how it applies, please.
The more I read through the code I don't think it does. Just trying to make sure I'm staying on the right side of some confusing and useless laws.

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Your in Oklahoma, what happens in a garage with a Dremel and beer stays in the garage! at least until you show your buddies and they'll just say COOL! or you should have bought a Benelli either way your good. Later,

Kirk

Mark Walker

Chunky
I recently picked up a CZ-712 Utility and working on it to get it ready for some future 3 gun events. Has anyone tried to place a Limbsaver pad on one and which one did you purchase? Thanks.

Feegee

The Magic Man
Kirk smith and Kurt miller are CZ gods so listen to what those rednecks say!!

Sent from Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
Feegee thanks for the words but I'm nowhere close to knowledge as our dear ol' Uncle Miller! and I'm not even close to a God but I've learned about the 712 mainly from goofing up with it. There are a few folks around that know the little guy but I'll let them chime in if they would like.

I put a Kick-Eez on mine, you can't really cut the stock back due to a crappy design BUT there is a way it's just not the most fun thing to do. Later,

Kirk

Mark Walker

Chunky
Kirk Smith (ksmirk) said:
Feegee thanks for the words but I'm nowhere close to knowledge as our dear ol' Uncle Miller! and I'm not even close to a God but I've learned about the 712 mainly from goofing up with it. There are a few folks around that know the little guy but I'll let them chime in if they would like.

I put a Kick-Eez on mine, you can't really cut the stock back due to a crappy design BUT there is a way it's just not the most fun thing to do. Later,

Kirk
Thanks....I also thought about using a slip on style but would rather have the mounted version if I can make one work.

Latest posts