Carry in restaurants

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok y'all I really only carry on the weekends because during the week I am usually only at home and work.

I CAN NOT carry at work but I do keep a firearm in my vehicle, always at the ready. Ohio did finally fix our stupid law regarding firearms in personnel vehicle on company property.

Now back to it, I like to go out to dinner on weekends and I have avoided BW3's like the plague once I started carrying because they had huge "no firearms" signs plastered all over the doors, walls and posts around the building so I just wouldn't go.

Well I've been craving their wings and was hesitant but I ordered some to pick up and when I arrived......

Every single sign and sticker regarding firearms was gone!!! Not a "no firearm" restriction to be found. So I asked and they said they lost a lot of business when the signs went up

So way to go ccw"ers

Last edited:

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
Great to hear. A local place recently posted no carry signs as well. Those stayed up about three months. Seems they lost about 40% of their business and had received many comments. It never hurts to politely discuss this topic with a business manager. I used to have some cards that stated I was not going to use their services due to the signs.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
the only place I dont .arry is when I go to my grandkids school events
Correct. From my understandings it's only federally regulated areas that we can't carry (schools, courthouse, airport,post office) . Private business can post "no weapon" signs but it is only to give them the right to call the police for you trespassing on their premises with a gun. So if it concealed then no one should ever know you are carrying then it is a non issue.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
What sign?

My eyesight sucks

c0c92d5c26f7982e8b7ad8a097bf1ab5.jpg

quantico

Active Fanatic
i made a legal decision when i applied to my state to get my carry permit. carry without the permit is illegal in my state if you do so conceiled. i agreed to follow the laws. no carry in schools. carry in a bar is fine unless i drink. no carry in a courthouse or police station . i do not consider my rights taken away by following the rules. my rights have been destroyed by the lefties in congress and the senate and the white house. bill clinton destroyed rights, george bush the first destroyed my ability to buy new HK rifles and other imported sporting rifles, so no more HK 94's etc.

there are way to many gun laws, most make no sense to me, but i follow the laws.

if you choose to cut shotguns to ten inches or modify rifles to shoot fully automatic without getting the correct tax stamp , or install a can that does not have a tax stamp because you believe following those rules erodes your gun rights then do that. but don't infer that people not willing to break the law are not as pro gun as you are. you would be incorrect in that statement and assumption.

quantico

Active Fanatic
by the way my local BW3's have awesome mango habanero wings but they also have signs everywhere that say no guns / no weapons allowed.

i try to avoid that restaurant because their gun policy sucks. but at times i do go there. it's a conflict.

Last edited:

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
...but don't infer that people not willing to break the law are not as pro gun as you are. you would be incorrect in that statement and assumption.

Think about that statement, and the founding of this nation. At what point does one say that one is simply going to live as a free man, as the constitution and the founders intended. There are of course consequences, as the founders undoubtedly understood.

Something to think about.

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
Correct. From my understandings it's only federally regulated areas that we can't carry (schools, courthouse, airport,post office) . Private business can post "no weapon" signs but it is only to give them the right to call the police for you trespassing on their premises with a gun. So if it concealed then no one should ever know you are carrying then it is a non issue.

tell that to the guys who try to conceal a AR. seriously, some of us are concealed challenged to say the least

and us gun guys and gals NOTICE those things. the sheeple ,in general do not

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Think about that statement, and the founding of this nation. At what point does one say that one is simply going to live as a free man, as the constitution and the founders intended. There are of course consequences, as the founders undoubtedly understood.

Something to think about.
First you try to change minds and the laws in our favor, then comes..... well you know, the fight no one really wants.
I try to follow the laws at the same time work and engage my politicians to get those laws changed. Doesn't always work but you keep trying and you can't give up that's when the left wins!

pscipio03

Fanatic
a business can post no gun signs. your carry permit requires you to respect the sign and not carry there. if you choose to go there armed you make those of us that follow the law look bad. if you carry and nobody sees it then you got away with it.
Never met anybody who has never gone over the posted speed limit. Guess I make you look bad when I'm doing 66 in a 65. For that, I apologize

Barb

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually have never seen a no handgun sign posted around my home except at our little county fair..I did carry the first year I saw it but the second year I didn't. I walk into the post office once a week with my handgun concealed.

Michael Miedzianowski

Active Fanatic
i made a legal decision when i applied to my state to get my carry permit. carry without the permit is illegal in my state if you do so conceiled. i agreed to follow the laws. no carry in schools. carry in a bar is fine unless i drink. no carry in a courthouse or police station . i do not consider my rights taken away by following the rules. my rights have been destroyed by the lefties in congress and the senate and the white house. bill clinton destroyed rights, george bush the first destroyed my ability to buy new HK rifles and other imported sporting rifles, so no more HK 94's etc.

there are way to many gun laws, most make no sense to me, but i follow the laws.

if you choose to cut shotguns to ten inches or modify rifles to shoot fully automatic without getting the correct tax stamp , or install a can that does not have a tax stamp because you believe following those rules erodes your gun rights then do that. but don't infer that people not willing to break the law are not as pro gun as you are. you would be incorrect in that statement and assumption.
I agree it is one thing to fight for your rights BUT doing things wrong is just not going to help keep our rights either it just gives more power to take them away .

Latest posts