3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Sept 22nd

Feegee

The Magic Man
Had a good time got to shoot with some good people but holly crap if it wasn't for gun mishaps or my head up my ass I might have done good.

Sent from (NULL) Feegee's iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time as well with a good squad, flowed really nice and done finished at a decent time. If felt pretty good about things until stage 5 and our last stage, the 300 yard target evaded me from both positions, I spent too much time on it before moving along. Now to go check the scores and let reality kick in. Thanks Mike and all who got this thing going this weekend.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I am new to 3-gun so I don't know if this is normal but I went to eat afterwards and then slept for 2 hours.

Pictures are being uploaded and hopefully will be done Sunday morning.

http://www.michelecornelius.com/Shooting/3-Gun-OKCGC-09-22-12/25523654_8FXLwT

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I am new to 3-gun so I don't know if this is normal but I went to eat afterwards and then slept for 2 hours.

Really? I went home, reshingled the roof, mowed the grass, pulled/repaired/replaced the engine on both cars, played 10 quarters of tackle football without pads before reloading 20,000 rds of 9mm.

THEN I had a snack and cracked open a beer.

Before I took my first sip, the wife sees me and says, "hey, it's a nice day, why don't you do a little yardwork before having a beer?"

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
pre_1348411912__1779a.jpg

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
I can't believe I didn't come in last place on Stage 1. A thread crest peeled off and jammed the follower in my mag tube right at the extension joint, and I had to shoot the last 17 targets by using it as a single-shot.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I can't believe I didn't come in last place on Stage 1. A thread crest peeled off and jammed the follower in my mag tube right at the extension joint, and I had to shoot the last 17 targets by using it as a single-shot.
I thought you were going to give up for a minute there but you hung in there & kept going like a boss...........good job.
After a quick 30sec game day gunsmithing the shotty was back up & running for the next COF :D

english kanigit

Well-Known Fanatic
Oklahoma - At the Bubonic Bed and Breakfast lookin
The next time there is a CoF with two thrown clays I'm going to rock it popper-popper-clay-clay. Pump gun or not I'm sure I could do it if I push myself.

I don't recall missing an airborn clay at one of these matches which amuses the hell out of me because I've always sucked at shooting skeet. Maybe the XS BigDot helps.

Ek ;)

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
The next time there is a CoF with two thrown clays I'm going to rock it popper-popper-clay-clay. Pump gun or not I'm sure I could do it if I push myself.

I don't recall missing an airborn clay at one of these matches which amuses the hell out of me because I've always sucked at shooting skeet. Maybe the XS BigDot helps.

Ek :wink:

I don't think it'd be too hard with the amount of delay between when you shoot the popper and the clay pops up. I considered doing something similar but didn't want to try to run too fast with my inexperience. Next time I might try popper-popper-clay-clay or popper-steel-clay-popper-steel-clay. I just did popper-clay-popper-clay. I found myself waiting quite a while on the clay.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Thanks to Matt Rigsby for letting me borrow his awesome Accurate Iron Benelli. This thing shoots like a dream and reloads were easy (even for a newbie)

BTW: Its popper-steel-popper-steel-clay-clay :D

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Anytime Burk. Just holler if ya need it, although I think a couple of the guys were a lil disappointed you weren't shooting the double sixguns and side by side shotty.
Oh, and its RigSBy btw.... :D

Latest posts