3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday Sept 22nd

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Oklahoma City Gun Club will be hosting its monthly 3 gun match at the North end of the Action Pistol range on Saturday Sept 22nd.

Sign in starts at 9:00. Shooting to start at 9:30-10:00.

Cost is $15 for OKC Gun Club Members
Cost is $20 for non members

We will be shooting 4 possibly 5 stages.
We'll have a 300 yd long range stage.

Set-up will start around 2:00 p.m. on the Friday before.

As always, if there is any doubt about weather issues that could impact the match, check the OKC Gun Club IPSC website â€" http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org

From the Match Director Kurt Miller:

For 3-gun matches, plan on 75 pistol, 75 rifle, and 50 shotshell, each and every time! Always bring 5 -10 slugs. If we need any special shotgun ammo like buckshot, that will be announced, but if you always plan on that you will be fine. We don’t usually post the stages or the round counts â€" just show up and shoot. (Note: these are the minimum ammo requirements and I personally bring 100 pistol, 100 rifle.)

New rules of the Oklahoma City Gun Club 3-Gun matches are posted on the club website:

http://ipsc.okcguncl...-3gun_rules.pdf

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mike/Curly/Kurt, let me know of any corrections that need to be made.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Awesome! I'll be there. I can help with setup Friday but I might not be able to help with the take down after.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Wildcat, if you help set up don't worry about tear down, we can handle it.... if you helped set up you did your fair share

300 yards!! awesome, also i vote for 5 stages :)

Dustin Cantrell

Well-Known Fanatic
300 yards... I've only shot my AR at 50 yards with an optic and 25 yards with the irons I'll shoot it with. I better bring a couple hundred rifle rounds because I'm going to need them... Any way to sight it in on the range before the match?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
300 yards... I've only shot my AR at 50 yards with an optic and 25 yards with the irons I'll shoot it with. I better bring a couple hundred rifle rounds because I'm going to need them... Any way to sight it in on the range before the match?
We're usually gathering up & signing in for the match in that area. So sighting in before the match wouldn't work. You'll need to get out there the day before (after setup) if possible.

930 sign in, 10am start time.
setup, if you can help, will be 2pm on friday.
4 or 5 stages, depending on turnout.
figure on about a 60-60-60 round count, although the rifle might be a little lower than that. if you miss a lot, bring more. Rifle accuracy out to 300yds will be tested, hopefully. I dont anticipate any slugs or buck, but the stages will be finalized on friday, during setup, so slugs are possible, if it turns out to make for a good stage.-not more than a sleeve of 5.

See you guys there!

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay...
All you helpful people have hooked another one.
I am going to be trying my first 3Gun match on Saturday.
I have all the needed guns. (Pistol & holster, Semi-Auto rifle, Semi-Auto Shotgun) only 3 mags each for Pistol and Rifle.
I have the ammo, except shotgun slugs, I will get those tonight or tomorrow.
I have ear and Eye protection.

I have no shotshell caddies so I will be reloading from my Pockets.

Is there anything else I NEED, to be able to Shoot?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Okay...
All you helpful people have hooked another one.
I am going to be trying my first 3Gun match on Saturday.
I have all the needed guns. (Pistol & holster, Semi-Auto rifle, Semi-Auto Shotgun) only 3 mags each for Pistol and Rifle.
I have the ammo, except shotgun slugs, I will get those tonight or tomorrow.
I have ear and Eye protection.

I have no shotshell caddies so I will be reloading from my Pockets.

Is there anything else I NEED, to be able to Shoot?

yes, talk to me or some of the other guys there and borrow caddies, everyone will let you borrow caddies so you can shoot, i am bringing extra so people can use them, no reason to reload from pocket!!! outside of that you are all set... main thing you need to know of, is 3gun is like meth, very addictive and you can have some awesome highs and some low lows!!

Jeff T.

Well-Known Fanatic
Okay, I am just worried that the thinner shells will not be held tight enough by the caddies to keep from falling/bouncing out, because the pressure is from the springs at the back of the caddie right?

Thank You Matt & Feegee for the offer of the caddies. I will take one of you up on the offer.
I am going to try to be there Friday to help setup, and plan on being there at about 8:45 or 9:00 on Saturday.

Latest posts