3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday July 28th

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I hope you all had fun and enjoyed the stages. The intermediate rifle stage was a real technical stage, and it was designed to test your un-supported shooting. The buckshot stage made you know your pattern. The Slug stage was also a test of your port loading. We tried to really test some areas of shooting that most places don't usually test so I know it wasn't easy, but hope it was fun

On another note, We need a lot more help tearing down, and putting stuff away! We had 5 stages and 3 squades. 3 of the stages got torn down and the stands and steel placed at the begining of the berm waiting for pick up, then almost everyone left. leaving Me and 4 more guys to tear down the othere two stages, AND pick up all the stuff and then put it away. Thank You Nate, Will. And Taymor!. Now I know it was hot, but I also built the darn match out in the heat the day before, Shot the match and ran around making sure it ran safely and smoothly, and then had to tear down the buckshot stage by myself, and pick up all the other stage material and put it away with 4 other guys. We had 37 folks out there and I don't see why a few more can't help to put it all away. If I get burnt out doing these I will not be too willing to do them so a little help will be appreciated. Kurt Miller

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Well I hope you all had fun and enjoyed the stages. The intermediate rifle stage was a real technical stage, and it was designed to test your un-supported shooting. The buckshot stage made you know your pattern. The Slug stage was also a test of your port loading. We tried to really test some areas of shooting that most places don't usually test so I know it wasn't easy, but hope it was fun

On another note, We need a lot more help tearing down, and putting stuff away! We had 5 stages and 3 squades. 3 of the stages got torn down and the stands and steel placed at the begining of the berm waiting for pick up, then almost everyone left. leaving Me and 4 more guys to tear down the othere two stages, AND pick up all the stuff and then put it away. Thank You Nate, Will. And Taymor!. Now I know it was hot, but I also built the darn match out in the heat the day before, Shot the match and ran around making sure it ran safely and smoothly, and then had to tear down the buckshot stage by myself, and pick up all the other stage material and put it away with 4 other guys. We had 37 folks out there and I don't see why a few more can't help to put it all away. If I get burnt out doing these I will not be too willing to do them so a little help will be appreciated. Kurt Miller

I had a great time, I'll be working on my unsupported rifle game.

I hope I wasn't one of those who left before everything was put away, after I shot stage 2 I went to checkout 1 and 3, but they were already torn down and then Corey threw the score sheets at me to keep score. I didn't go down to look at 4 and 5, I guess I should have. If it makes you feel any better, I tore down stage 2 all by myself. :nomention:

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Well, almost. You forgot to take the shot up targets of the sticks and throw them away, but thanks for bringing the stuff to the front of the bay

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time, I'll be working on my unsupported rifle game.

I hope I wasn't one of those who left before everything was put away, after I shot stage 2 I went to checkout 1 and 3, but they were already torn down and then Corey threw the score sheets at me to keep score. I didn't go down to look at 4 and 5, I guess I should have. If it makes you feel any better, I tore down stage 2 all by myself. :nomention:
I was the last shooter on the last stage thanks Troy for keeping score.
Thanks everybody for putting on a great match.
Kurt I got lazy on you no excuses you won't have to ask again.
Kirk thanks for the friendly wager.
Several first time 3-gunners in are squad it was good to shoot with you I hope you guys had fun and get to make the next 3 gun match.

I'll be sure to help tear down next time myself...Thank You to those that make it possible. More hands means less work for everyone.

Jason1

Well-Known Fanatic
Had a great time at my first match and I'll be back for sure, hopefully with my own pistol next time. I didn't even think about tearing down, I will in the future.

Man, those slug/buckshot stages reminded me how out of shape I am. Hard to lift my right arm Sunday.

Rustyzx9

Founding Member
I'd like to offer my appologies for not being there to help with tear down beyond the bay I finished on. Thank you very much to everyone the put this match together and even more to those that stayed to pick up my slack. I won't bail on you guys again.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Kurt, Thanks for the beers & the conversation after the match sat. it was a great way to cool down.
It's always fun hanging out in Uncle Kurt's garage.

silver star

Well-Known Fanatic
I have to follow Rusty's lead, I too considered "all done" when our bay was down and out.[font="Arial""][/font]
I was next or next to the last person to leave and did not realize what was going on around me.[font="Arial""][/font]
Standing in the open door of my pickup with a/c on my face as I put my plunder up had my attention.[font="Arial""][/font]
I will be more attentive of tear downs...unless John is there to do my part.[font="Arial""][/font]
JUST KIDDING![font="Arial""][/font]
From what I gather at other matches we are all getting some awesome training shooting the stages Kurt and gang put together.[font="Arial""][/font]
So I hope everyone appreciates how lucky we are and pull together so we can prevent Kurt from getting burned out.

Kurt, Thanks for the beers & the conversation after the match sat. it was a great way to cool down.
It's always fun hanging out in Uncle Kurt's garage.
WHATT!
was that part of admission???

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Just a quick note. I didn't cover any of this in the pre shoot talk, so the new guys didn't know, so half of this is on me. I also didn't cover the part about picking up shotgun hulls so I spent a bit of time today raking and baking and cleaning up a couple of stages. Thank you again NATE! I never saw him not working!! (English Kanigit)
On a different note....when I went to practice rifle today, I noticed....(kind of like a NOTE) that the 10 stands and Plates were still sticking in the ground on the long range bay, so I got to enjoy the "rest of the tear down and put away" today. Believe it or not it is my ass if we leave a mess for the Cowboy shooters who run a match on Sunday after our match, and I hate being taken to task by the Board of Directors of the club...so I will cover in detail what we need to do in the pre match talk from now on.....like I said I didn't ,so half of this is on me. Kurt

Ksmirk

Well-Known Fanatic
I normally always stay around for tear down and thought we would be done much sooner but I had to be at my folks by 5:00 so I must offer my offical appology on my early departure. I drank a mess of water and ya know by the last stage I was really surprised how the heat had effected my ability to hold my rifle on target. As always a good match and many thanks to you folks who put this together. Later,

Kirk

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Next time I make it out, ill make sure my ride shoots so he won't be in a hurry to leave. Or ill come alone. Sorry you had to pick up the stages kurt, I will help out more next go around. Thank you for putting on this match it was a lot of fun and a change of pace from my normal USPSA.

Latest posts