3 Gun at OKC Gun Club Saturday July 28th

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Oklahoma City Gun Club will be hosting its monthly 3 gun match at the North end of the Action Pistol range on Saturday July 28th.

Sign in starts at 7:30. Shooting to start at 8:00.

Cost is $15 for OKC Gun Club Members
Cost is $20 for non members

We will be shooting 4 possibly 5 stages.
We'll have a 300 yd long range stage and a jungle run.

Set-up will start around 2:00 p.m. on the Friday before.

As always, if there is any doubt about weather issues that could impact the match, check the OKC Gun Club IPSC website â€" http://ipsc.okcgunclub.org

From the Match Director Kurt Miller:

For 3-gun matches, plan on 75 pistol, 75 rifle, and 50 shotshell, each and every time! Always bring 5 -10 slugs. If we need any special shotgun ammo like buckshot, that will be announced, but if you always plan on that you will be fine. We don’t usually post the stages or the round counts â€" just show up and shoot. (Note: these are the minimum ammo requirements and I personally bring 100 pistol, 100 rifle.)

New rules of the Oklahoma City Gun Club 3-Gun matches are posted on the club website:

http://ipsc.okcguncl...-3gun_rules.pdf

Plan on at least 10 slugs and at least 15 buckshot along with the regular requiermrents.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Kurt, Mike, Curly........if any of the above is incorrect, please provide the correct info.

How about an earlier start time?

twofifty

Well-Known Fanatic
This will be my first one. Gear is ready to go ... as for me, I just plan on being safe and having fun. Thanks to Mike, Tony, Ben and all others that have given me advice!!!

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
If the weather does what I think it's gonna do, better have lots of Gatorade and sunscreen.

I'll second the earlier start time request.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Can none members come out and watch? I've never been to a three gun match and would like to try it sometime, but I figure it's better to watch a few times.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
but I figure it's better to watch a few times.
You figure wrong :)

J/K.....seriously though bring your gear, we'll help you get through the match safe & fun.
Yes, non-members can come out & watch, but you'll regret not bringing your gear.

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Ok, ok. If I come out what should I bring? AR, XD9/FNP, mossberg 500 with a pistol grip or beretta 390?

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Bring the rifle & pistol & borrow a shotgun until you get yours set up.

Be sure to bring a holster that covers the trigger guard of your pistol.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
This is planned as my first 3gun match I don't want heat stroke to remember it by. 6th earlier start time.

KurtM

Well-Known Fanatic
Ask and ye shall receive! Lets start at 8:00 am! sign in before hand so be out around 7:30 a.m. To keep it short plan on 4 stages...with a 5th speed shoot as an option to buffer squads.

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Ask and ye shall receive! Lets start at 8:00 am! sign in before hand so be out around 7:30 a.m. To keep it short plan on 4 stages...with a 5th speed shoot as an option to buffer squads.

awesome, thanks for this... when you smell me when i start sweating you will be happy you choose an early start :)

Latest posts