USPSA at OKCGC Saturday, July 7, 2012

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Thanks Matt, I am looking forward to it. My first competition was the steel challenge on Father's Day weekend. My squad was patient with me as I struggled through nerves during the first couple of stages (especially Tony W). This USPSA will be in my birthday weekend so you guys have to be extra nice to me :)

Sam

the problem that new shooters have is they don't have a set plan of action on a stage (since there are numerous ways to shoot a stage unlike steel c.) and the buzzer goes off, nerves hit and then all of a sudden you forget a target and swing past the 180... anyways if you can find me i will be the one guy without a hat in cargo shorts, probably about a 7.5 on a scale of 1 to 10 on the attractive scale...

andrsnsm

Well-Known Fanatic
Dang, you sound like my twin except I might be a 5 out of 10 (what do you expect, I'm 51 friggin years old).

Sam

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Dang, you sound like my twin except I might be a 5 out of 10 (what do you expect, I'm 51 friggin years old).

Sam

haha, sounds like we will have fun come sat!! also there is a carrygun match in edmond with A/C this sunday, that is alot more simple than uspsa and would be a good "warm up" before the large match that is at OKCGC....

foghorn918

Consistently Inconsistent
the problem that new shooters have is they don't have a set plan of action on a stage (since there are numerous ways to shoot a stage unlike steel c.) and the buzzer goes off, nerves hit and then all of a sudden you forget a target .....

or 1/3 of the whole stage if you are me. When the buzzer goes off two things happen to me, gray matter does not function properly and I seem to have FSADD (front sight attention deficit disorder).

But it is always fun.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Be aware........this match is not this coming weekend.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
We will take a look at the weather next week and see what is forecast for next Saturday for our IPSC match. If it looks like it’s going to be a scorcher, we will start the match sign-in and walkthrough early so we can be done before the worst of the heat in the afternoon. We did this for a couple of months last summer when it was so hot and it seemed to help. Likely we would try to do the walk-through by 8AM with sign-in starting about 7:15. That only works well if folks show up early enough so we’re all signed in and ready to go, so we’d need your help. While I realize this causes problems for those [many] of you who drive a couple of hours, when the temps get so hot, it starts to become a safety issue.

THIS IS NOT SET IN STONE YET; AS OF NOW WE ARE ADHEREING TO THE NORMAL SCHEDULE. Check back mid-week.

Matt and I will make the call mid-week next week and I’ll send out a group email and post on the website if we plan to deviate from our usual match times. I’d appreciate it if you’d help pass the word around. If you know anyone who wants to be on this mailing list, have them send me an email and I’ll add ‘em.

Thanks folks!!

John Bent

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I am also going to place this announcement here since it concerns the IPSC shooters:

We are planning a [short] workday this coming Sunday 7-1-12 starting about 8:30 and working no later than noon. That way we will miss most of the heat.

Projects will include:
- General cleaning of all bays
- Weedeating
- Mowing if needed including 300 bay
- Wall repair/recovering
- Fenced enclosure cleaning
- Metal building cleaning
- Trailer cleaning
- Plate rack repair
- 300 yard plate repair
-
If you think you can come help, send me an email to [email protected] so he will have an idea who all is coming and can plan accordingly

imhntn

Founding Member
Robert Carlisle is doing an 8:00 start and a 10: start at his range and it has been working very well. It was nice to finish before it got too hot and those that wanted to sleep later.....got to get hot.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
My daughter wants to shoot this match, but she's not confident with my 9mm. Would it be cool if she shot it with a .22?

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
you would have to talk to john bent about it, honestly i would doubt it since it is a USPSA match, along with the fact it wouldn't knock down the steel...this sunday (in the a/c no less) we are having a match at heartland and she could shoot the .22 there, also the course of fire is MUCH MORE friendly to a new shooter....

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Is anyone else already looking forward to this?

PS: at this time I haven't heard anything about an early start
When we were out there working sunday, we talked about it & John and Matt both agreed that for at least the next few months it was the best option. I'm almost positive they came to a final descision about it, but I'll wait for John's email to confirm.