This one or that one - another Colt vs Kimber thread

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
It deformed the tips of two rounds oval, from round, just trying to chamber them, the Critical Duty. NOT happy. Will call them tomorrow. THANK YOU!!

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Interesting to always see your DW responses. Exactly what makes the DW a better product? Is it because parts that it is built with come from different places other than the US, are their forged parts superior, just curious to what makes them a "lot" better? Personally find DW to be average with the rest of the production pistols in fit and finish and know they source from the global supply chain.

There was a post above about the pistol being tighter. Well Colt builds them that way on purpose (slides) now other parts yes would not be a positive trail. Funny how some will assume a tight slide gun will shoot better than a looser one which we all know what happens when you assume. :)
I disagree. See my post about new $900.00 Colt 1911. Barrel lock-up, so loose! Inconstant depth of slide engravings of make and model, sad…

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree about the mag thing, I get all kinds of firearm related emails, last week got one from Atlas, high end USPSA and IPSC 2011 types, mostly 40 caliber, one was 6000 bucks, one magazine, that's just criminal

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Of the two, current production? I'd probably go Kimber because they're more consistent than the Colts I've seen recently. Although the Colt will hold its value a little better.
I've got a Colt and a Kimber both only 2-3 yrs old and the Kimber is fitted better and shoots better than the Colt. Both of these are no frills full size 1911s in 45acp.
Agreed, I have an older Colt Commander 70's Series, Kimber 1911 RCS, and got rid of my Colt 1911 80 Series. I would go with the Kimber.
Springfield 1911 should be another consideration.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Agree about the mag thing, I get all kinds of firearm related emails, last week got one from Atlas, high end USPSA and IPSC 2011 types, mostly 40 caliber, one was 6000 bucks, one magazine, that's just criminal
A $6000 mag or a $60,000 mag. More power to the buyer if they can afford it.. Just wish I would be the one selling it to the sucker.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
I certainly won't suggest "polishing the feedramp"; more 1911s have been ruined by that one little mod, especially on lw models. I the angle is off, then that needs repaired but polishing? Not needed, unless its very poorly machined.
I've had good luck with over a bushel basket of Colts I've owned. Good luck with more than a few Kimbers, too. Ditto Springfields. Guess I'm just a lucky guy. I'm all in on those just over $1k Baers, but I do love my old TRS. Avatar pic

Firestorm3511

Fanatic
Evening, I'm looking for a commander sized pistola. Stainless steel, because I don't have one and I want one. Under $1k. I can get a Colt combat commander or a Kimber TLE Pro within my budget. Which one and why...go.
I recently picked up a Bul Commander Stainless Steel in 9mm. It is by far the best built and smoothes 1911 I have to date. They can be picked up a @ Grab a Gun for $820.00 Feels and shoot like to $3000.00 gun.

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Is Bul the name of the company? Or, is it: Bull? Where are they made? Is it a base model at that price? Any pictures of your gun? I've never heard of this Company. Love to see pictures of it!! 1640924929810.png

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
Soooo many Companies making 1911's!! But the problem is so few in stores to see, or buy!! Just saw my first Wilson Combat 9mm. 1911. STUNNING! Black, or I guess blued(?) finish, but it was mirror black shiny finish of frame and slide, engraved all over! $6,500.00! Was afraid to touch it!! And had a beveled crown on the barrel. I WANT that done to my 1911's!! Have no idea if it improves accuracy, but looks SO cool!! And have the end of the mainspring rod polished like it had as well!! SO PRETTY!!! If I had $6500.00 to burn, it'd be here with me! But WAY to pretty to shoot!! A museum piece!! That I just cannot justify, as I'd never shoot it!

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Is Bul the name of the company? Or, is it: Bull? Where are they made? Is it a base model at that price? Any pictures of your gun? I've never heard of this Company. Love to see pictures of it!! View attachment 10605
I believe Bul is the name, and I thought that they were made in Israel???? Please correct me if this information is wrong.

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I believe Bul is the name, and I thought that they were made in Israel???? Please correct me if this information is wrong.
Made in Israel....Appears to be well made 1911's in 9mm & 45ACP. Most well under $1k

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
Is Bul the name of the company? Or, is it: Bull? Where are they made? Is it a base model at that price? Any pictures of your gun? I've never heard of this Company. Love to see pictures of it!! View attachment 10605
One 1911 45 ACP for sale at Interlaken Guns and Ammo for $817.. only review l could find gave it only three stars.

Latest posts