The discussion that happens at least once a week at work

TexasTony

Fanatic
Unreadable.
Absolutely no ego here other than fact vs. personal opinion. But thank you for being the 'bigger man' and saving me from more boring restating of the obvious.

Last edited:

TexasTony

Fanatic
And FYI the Glock 19/17 was issued in 1998, the rest of them personal purchases 2010ish onward. So by choice over metal Sigs. Based upon years of use, training and experience--and the experiences of others.

Last edited:

Petard

Active Fanatic
That's why I don't buy Glock. They feel like toys in the hand. When I did own polymer, I collected Springfields. I had quite a few actually. I had lots of others too but I actually collected Springfield. Long as it goes bang, it'll get you out of a jam. That's what they are for.
Not really wanting to get into this wood swinging contest (yet, here I am), I have to agree with Philmo11. I have been shooting and re-loading since 1980 (obligatory experience credentials) I worked for a large gun store and range in Minnesota for a number years as their CSO. They had 4 cases of rental guns, from Ruger 22s to Staccatos. I fired and cleaned pretty much every one at some point. In general, (with the exception of the VP9, the only striker-fired gun I own) I personally do not like the feel and function of striker-fired guns. I believe most of us here are old enough to remember Dime Store dart guns. Follow me here: 1) Push the dart down the "barrel" of the gun...hear/feel the noise of the spring being compressed...that's what racking a Glock slide feels like to me. 2) Get a firing grip on the gun...tell me that's not what a Hellcat/365/S&WMP9/Ruger feels like?!? and 3) Press the trigger...the mushy break, "twang" of the spring...tell me that's not a dry-fired tupperware gun. Hence, in my opinion, that's why many of us old farts refer to plastic guns as toys. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

Latest posts