Terrorist Take-Down Part II, Sept 18th

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Carrygun Match

September 18th, 2011

at Heartland Outdoors

When: 1st and 3rd Sunday Night of each month.
Signup: Starts 5:30

Match Type: Handgun, Tactical Action. Emphasis on Carryguns and holsters. IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.
Stages: Four (typically)
Round Count: 50 â€" 72 rds required.

Equipment: Practical guns .380 or larger, carried in practical gear. Holster (required) must cover triggerguard. Two spare magazines or 2 speedloaders will get you thru any stage. No shoulder or pocket holsters or cross-draw rigs. No Race guns or gear.

Rules: Basically, IPSC rules with TIME PLUS scoring.

Divisions:

Low Cap: = 10 rd mags or less. (you may load magazines down for this division)
High Cap: = 11 rd mags or more (load 'em up!)
Revolver: = any revolver, barrel length 2.26" or longer, any capacity.
PDLL: = Ported (like the Glock "C" models) Dot (like the Optima red dot) Lasers and gun-mounted Lights. If your 5-shot J-frame has a laser, it'll compete in this division.
SubCompact: Semi-autos with barrels 3.5" or shorter.
Snubby: 5-6 shot with 2.25" or shorter barrels.
OTHER: IPSC Limited/Production Gun/gear shoot in this Division (equipment placement rules like Production/Single Stack)

Prizes: YES! $50 Heartland Outdoor Gift certificates!
Awarded randomly! Must be present to win.

Limited to first 40 shooters!

Cost: $20

(active military and full-time Law Enforcement ½ price)

Carrygun Match Guidelines​

Safety

1) Safety is everyone’s job. If you see something unsafe, SAY SOMETHING !
2) This is a COLD RANGE. No guns are loaded prior to the “make ready” command.
3) Do not unholster your gun unless on the line & after told to “make ready” by the RO. (Range Officer) IE; your gun stays holstered unless you’re on the line making ready or in the safe area.
4) Follow all range commands of the RO, as they are given. (Don’t rush, don’t anticipate!)
5) The “safe” area is the classroom, at the southeast corner of the building thru the double doors.
You may “gun-up” there, while facing the EAST wall. (away from the double doors)
6) Do NOT handle any ammunition in the safe area. (Load magazines anywhere BUT the safe area)
7) All movement and reloads must be done with the trigger finger outside the guard.
8 ) Don’t break the 180 with the muzzle. (Muzzle & Finger warnings may be given, but are not required)
9) If you have an accidental discharge, STOP! Face downrange and do what the RO tells you.
10) Do not try to outsmart the stage. Due to the limitations of an indoor range, all shots must hit the backstop for safety. Walls, ceiling and floor are not the backstop!
11) It is required that the shooter engage targets only from the specified positions.
12) All prop walls are considered to go all the way to the floor. Unless otherwise specifically outlined for the stage, if you can see a target under a wall, do not shoot it. If you’re unsure, ask!
13) All walls and targets are considered impenetrable. Do not intentionally shoot thru a target, prop or wall hoping to hit another target.
14) When told, “unload & show clear,” remove your magazine, remove the chambered round,
point the gun at the backstop and pull the trigger. If there is an AD, it’s a Match DQ

DISREGARDING ANY OF THE ABOVE GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN A MATCH DQ

If you are DQ’ed for a safety violation, there is no refund and there is no whining.

Protocols

1) You are expected to stay with your squad throughout the match.
2) You are expected to help tape, pick up brass and/or reset the stage for the next shooter.
3) If you are the “on deck” (next) shooter, you do not need to help reset the stage.
4) If you’re “in the hole” (3rd up) pick up the shooter’s brass. If you’re 4th or 5th or greater, help tape/reset.
5) If you are reported as a “slug” (not helping at all) then you forfeit your chance at the drawing.
6) There is no shooting straight thru the match, unless you have a great reason.
7) After the match is over, you are expected to help sweep, take down the props, clean up and restore the range to how it was before the match.
8 ) If you leave early, you forfeit your chance at winning a $50 Heartland Gift Certificate.

Must be present to win!

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
We will again have the "Battlefield Pickup" with an AK-47 (or .22) as well as the "40 Rds with an AK" raffle. Many hadn't had a chance to shoot an AK before and one lucky winner fired the last stage with 40 rounds out of the AK

We will again have various terrorist targets, both foreign and domestic, including a Bin Laden target.

There will be a few tweaks and changes that'll allow the match to run smoother and faster.....and maybe a surprise.

Also, this is HICAP MONTH........but it's optional. We had one gal shoot the match with her 5-shot snub and she wasn't last!

If you don't have or want to shoot a hicap gun, bring your normal gun out and shoot it like a regular carrygun match.

LStevens

Well-Known Fanatic
is hicap flavor of the month or another pistol of choice? Sorry posted this before I saw davids 2nd post

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Round count is 68 (5-shot snubs) 72 (normal) and 100+ for Hicap. (bring plenty of mags and ammo, hicap folks!)

xdnok

Well-Known Fanatic
I think I will clean my magazines more often, after the fun I had on one stage last Sunday night I went home and cleaned the one that caused my problems and you would not believe how much OKCGC dirt came out of it. :banghead:

Oh, yeah those were great stages David can't wait to see what you have in mind for part II

Wes

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
JP, if you want to supply the ammo for everyone to shoot a 39 rd stage, then we will do it.

1600 rds should be enough.

imacgyver

Founding Member
JP, if you want to supply the ammo for everyone to shoot a 39 rd stage, then we will do it.

1600 rds should be enough.

You obviously underestimate how cheap 7.62x39 is and how crazy I am to make a suggestion like this.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
If you're volunteering to supply the ammo (we will trim it down to 30 rds each person) then we will have an all AK stage for everyone.

Seriously.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I could bring my silenced .22 AR for anybody not wanting to shoot the AK. yes, the timers pick it up if held forward of the ejection port.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
I've got the Black dogs Gen 2 and 3. Also a 50 round drum. I went the entire tactical .22 match without any malfunctions.

Latest posts