Select fire?

McGuire

Well-Known Fanatic
Whats funny is the prices, the government pays around 500 dollars a piece for select fire m16's and around $2500 for M249s...

talk about price gouging...

dwkennedy

New Fanatic
You could register as a manufacturer and make your own; or you could a dealer's license and play with post-86 dealer samples (you have to get a letter from a LE agency requesting a demo)

Both options are expensive and a lot of paperwork. When you stop paying for your license, you will have to sell or destroy all of your post-86 goodies.

If you buy a transferable, pre-86 select fire rifle it's your's forever, but since there is a very limited supply prices have gone way up. You're mostly paying for the transferable status, not the firearm itself.

Once I saw guys who really knew how to shoot semi-auto, full auto from a lightweight rifle or subgun holds less mystique. You'll notice in the video the guy usually shoots short bursts and his cyclic rate was pretty low. A really good shooter on semi-auto could probably hold his own in that contest. I cannot deny it looks really fun!

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
An FFL with an 07/02 license can manufacture and deal with pre and post 86 machine guns. There are cheaper "dealer sample" machine guns that were registered before 1986 and only transferable to other dealers or agencies.

If a dealer has any of these in their inventories, they get to keep it if they ever go out of business. HOWEVER, if they decide to sell it, it can only go to another dealer, an agency or surrender to ATF.

You see these listed frequently on subguns.com as "pre-86 dealer samples".

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
Wormydog1724 said:
I want a full auto lower so damn bad. Put a NC22 upper on it and get it to running, man that is my fantasy. Suppressed. With tracers. At night. With NVG's and IR "lazers". Someday hopefully it shall be so.
this is what I want to do except I'd add an SBRd and suppressed .300 blackout upper to it in addition to the .22 upper.

dennishoddy

Unfortunately, I've fired more rounds of full auto than I care to ever again.
It was cool at the start, but after the initial coolness factor, I knew why aimed fire was much more effective.

To go out an play with one at a match would be fun though. Expensive, but fun.

Latest posts