Select fire?

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
So why can't I buy a select fire rifle and just pay a $200 tax stamp to the BATFE?

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I know that but why can't they just let us pay $2,000 for a select fire rifle then pay a $200 stamp.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Let me clarify that. Why can't we buy a select fire rifle made after 1986 and just pay a $200 tax stamp? Manufacturers make them and heck, I have a full-auto BCG in my LMT. All I would need to do is buy a full-auto lower and BAM!

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Man, I just think that's totally bogus but oh well. The only time I get to shoot full-auto (for free) is during my annual recertification.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I've sworn to uphold the law so I can't break it (not that I would want to) but I think it's entirely bogus.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
You're not the only one who wishes they could still buy full auto's.
My dad told me that back in 84' 85' he was considering getting an M16 or two because they were $800 each. He's kicking himself now for not doing it.

Dieseltech09

Well-Known Fanatic
And it will never change because if they did away with that law alot of peoples collection wouldn't be worth near what they have invested in it, and most of those people are the ones in a position to be able to lobby for such a change.

dennishoddy

Really, other than the cool factor, why does anyone want a full auto. Major waste of ammo for a couple of seconds of fun.
If you really want one, I don't care, and not making light of some one that does.
I've shot every thing from the quad 50 AA, Ma Deuce, to my issue 16 with triangular hand guard.
Just don't understand.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I want a full auto lower so damn bad. Put a NC22 upper on it and get it to running, man that is my fantasy. Suppressed. With tracers. At night. With NVG's and IR "lazers". Someday hopefully it shall be so.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Really, other than the cool factor, why does anyone want a full auto. Major waste of ammo for a couple of seconds of fun.
If you really want one, I don't care, and not making light of some one that does.
I've shot every thing from the quad 50 AA, Ma Deuce, to my issue 16 with triangular hand guard.
Just don't understand.

Because we can't have them.

argyle64

Well-Known Fanatic
I actually just want a 3 shot burst and have my lower customized to say "Safe - Semi - Fun" or in place of fun "Wood, Hard, Badass, F*cked".

MiniUzi

Well-Known Fanatic
Just don't understand.

Perhaps this video can explain it. The fact there is a cash payouts at nationals , much skill involved and some very tough competition.The shooter is Andy Blaschik who would be akin to Lance Armstron of subgun competitions. It's nice to see good shooters shoot. In any discipline. The fact that the designer built a scale model of a Huey is kind of nice too... this event happens twice a year at knob creek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL739928F4BCF9F8CF&v=EPozfmmrHKY

:)

-Todd

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've had the pleasure of shooting a suppressed open-bolt UZI with subsonic ammo and it was AMAZING. I would LOVE to run one in a match.

Biggsly

Well-Known Fanatic
Perhaps this video can explain it. The fact there is a cash payouts at nationals , much skill involved and some very tough competition.The shooter is Andy Blaschik who would be akin to Lance Armstron of subgun competitions. It's nice to see good shooters shoot. In any discipline. The fact that the designer built a scale model of a Huey is kind of nice too... this event happens twice a year at knob creek.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&list=PL739928F4BCF9F8CF&v=EPozfmmrHKY

:)

-Todd
That looks very fun.

Latest posts