RMR on your carry gun

wrmiller

Fanatic
I started shooting red dot sights as they were becoming popular in USPSA open class. To me they are just a natural part of the pistol now.

Here's my 2011 in full on 10mm 'Blaster' config:

And here it is in carry mode with either a 40 S&W or 10mm barrel:

And this is my Kimber 45 right after I installed the magwell:

It takes practice to become proficient with them, but to me it's worth it.

DPGI

Fanatic
Nighthawk and Chambers Custom both may be changing the game when it comes to an RMR on a 1911

I was actually up there last week playing with that. I knew when I saw it that I would like it, but seeing it in person solidified that.

They knocked it out of the park with that one... and who knows? You could be seeing a GI with that cut on it pretty soon.

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have one design already done. I'm finishing up the other one today for doing an RDS with BUIS in front of the RDS. Should be pretty epic.
I need this in my life.

I just spent 2 days with this guy. 3793
It was a lot of info to take take in. He rebuilt almost all of our grips, stance, posture and presentation of the gun. But the thing it did was solidify my belief in the RMR.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I was actually up there last week playing with that. I knew when I saw it that I would like it, but seeing it in person solidified that.

They knocked it out of the park with that one... and who knows? You could be seeing a GI with that cut on it pretty soon.

I was wondering when this was coming. This on an X2 would be cool

azpoolguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I was wondering when this was coming. This on an X2 would be cool
I have been on their website this morning trying to plan out an X2 Commander in 9mm with an RMR.

I've been trying to figure out how or where exactly to stop this cut in the top slide radius befor the RMR mount? 3794

Reactions: Dub

pistolpete

Active Fanatic
I use Red Dot sights on my fun guns, front sight on my carry gun. Keep it simple, learn to shoot. Remember, what can go wrong will go wrong. Even with backup sights a dead red dot slows you down when a split second counts.