Remington 1911 problem (VIDEO)

thats barrel interference somewhere. hood, lugs, like mitch said, something somewhere. Possibly with lube, it will go away. But that advice is worth what you paid for it. lol.
If remington will fix it on their dime, try that, or if you want it fixed on your dime, you can try me.

Or we can do internet fixin.. Its kind of hard to see the scale ofhow far back the slide is going based on your vid. Id like to see a pic or vid of the hang up at the back of the slide, and again from the top, looking down at the barrel hood.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
What happens when you "slingshot" the slide.
The Browning action need a little violence.... Riding the slide like your doing may keep the lugs etc from mating up correctly.. Leaving the gun out of battery

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
You have stripped this pistol down? Any chunks floating in there
The locking lug grooves in the slide clean... Evidence of preening on the slide grooves or the mating lugs?

Now this is My opinion... Mike or Dr Greyson can fix that cheaper and faster than you can wait on the factory to look at it.

It could be one fitting issue or a combo of stuff... But it's not "abnormal" or a defect of the design. Most factory produced gun need a little tweaking... And your is probably a simple fix.

Joncard

Fanatic
I have not seen any chunks floating around when i stripped it all the way down. Not sure what is going on here. Might hit up Dr Grayson and/or Mike to see if I can get a good fix. Thanks!

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

sound like the disconnect is not reconnecting the sear to trigger to me, if the barrel doesn't return into battery fully the trigger is still left unconnected from the sear.

normally an issue that far into lock is in the bushing, meaning its no properly cut for barrel pivot, swing and ride as I call it. It could as be in the hood, but its hard to tell without the gun on my bench.

having the upper locking lugs broached helps the transfer as well.

Good Luck,

Anthony Durning
Durning Defense Customs
405-229-9856
Tuttle, Oklahoma

D

DurningDefenseCustoms

update on this issue,

I had a remington come in the shop last week, that displays the same issue. after inspecting the hood, upper locking lugs, barrel bushing and lower lug bearing surfaces this is what I have found.

The lower lugs are not relieved to prevent (barrel bump) which causes the cross pin to have to overcome the lower lugs, like a pinch point.

I add some extra relief to the barrel bushing at 12 and 6, rounded all the barrels 90 degree counters and recut the lower lugs.

I also added the correct Vertical impact surface recess, corrected the feed ramp angle,width and depth, corrected the barrel throat angle, and reset the chamber depth to .906.

problem solved.

Cost. 145.00

Latest posts