Rare Breed Triggers

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Anyone have one or any experience with one? It's a very interesting concept (forced reset trigger) and if it runs like I've seen in videos it's pretty freakin sweet!
View attachment 9310

I don't have any experience with it, but it seems pretty awesome. The AFT:D recently sent them a cease and desist letter claiming the trigger is a machine gun (BS) and the owner told them where to stick it. I considered buying one just because of that, but they are proving to be hard to get....many orders for them now.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Mine should arrive Wednesday! Have tracking info and patiently waiting.

A friend gas one but doesn't want to install it but he was telling me it might need a heavier buffer to run correctly. Some firearms do some don't, like anything we do it sounds like you have to figure out what works with your particular firearm.
Now do I put it in a rifle or pistol? I'm thinking rifle, I have a nice Stag Arms I have not shot yet!:)

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Mine should arrive Wednesday! Have tracking info and patiently waiting.

A friend gas one but doesn't want to install it but he was telling me it might need a heavier buffer to run correctly. Some firearms do some don't, like anything we do it sounds like you have to figure out what works with your particular firearm.
Now do I put it in a rifle or pistol? I'm thinking rifle, I have a nice Stag Arms I have not shot yet!:)
Looking forward to the report.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Just ordered a heavy and lite ODIN Works adjustable buffers last night. Can always use a couple extra buffers. Need to get some extra small parts and springs and probably a couple extra BCGs also just because…..well we all know!
Parts are good to have on hand. I'm not happy unless I've got 2 backups of every spring and part.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
I was looking at it four/five months ago. I did not go with it because of the spring issues.

I don't think they have fixed the problem.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I was looking at it four/five months ago. I did not go with it because of the spring issues.

I don't think they have fixed the problem.

They've changed the housing as of March 1, 2021 and all triggers shipped after that date are good. They have a modified locking bar as of March to retrofit the older triggers to fix the problem.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
They've changed the housing as of March 1, 2021 and all triggers shipped after that date are good. They have a modified locking bar as of March to retrofit the older triggers to fix the problem.
Great, I will tell a couple guys, that are having that problem. They had to remove it and they went with LaRue MTB-2s's

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Excellent, I was just on their site ordering extra springs just to make sure I have them if I ever need them.
I learned my lesson with Coonan when I didn't order extra magazines because they where $79 each and I thought that was crazy……well I just paid $218 includes shipping for one because they're out of bidness and no one makes them:-(

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Excellent, I was just on their site ordering extra springs just to make sure I have them if I ever need them.
I learned my lesson with Coonan when I didn't order extra magazines because they where $79 each and I thought that was crazy……well I just paid $218 includes shipping for one because they're out of bidness and no one makes them:-(
A buddy has Norreen BN36 30-06 and Nemo 300WM, 10 round mags are like $80-120ea. ouch! ouch! ouch!

Last edited:

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Not a fan of the trick triggers, do I think they should be made and available, absolutely, I just like a good 3-3.5 lb trigger in my AR's, I shoot pistols way more than rifles anyway

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Well smack my bottom and call me daddy!
The fart trigger is one hell of a lot of fun!! My god that thing is quick. Took less than one mag to figure out correct buffer weight and then it was Rock-n-Roll time:)
Didn't miss a beat, held flat pretty well, using just sling as a third anchor point standing.
I ended up with approx 5.78oz buffer weight and a standard buffer spring.
Recommend it for a fun day but it's gonna be a pricey toy at $15-20 every 3 seconds:):) plus cost of entry

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
The fart trigger is one hell of a lot of fun!! My god that thing is quick. Took less than one mag to figure out correct buffer weight and then it was Rock-n-Roll time:)
Didn't miss a beat, held flat pretty well, using just sling as a third anchor point standing.
Recommend it for a fun day but it's gonna be a pricey toy at $15-20 every 3 seconds:):) plus cost of entry
Did they fix the spring bend problem? Have you looked at it? One guy down here had that problem and everybody stayed away from them. If they fixed it, then the next problem was the cost. The Larue MBT-2S is back down to $99 and maybe! for Christmas we might see $85 again.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

If you got um shoot um LOL. Fun is fair ;)
Look at that pump action AK :eek:
cat gun GIF

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Did they fix the spring bend problem? Have you looked at it? One guy down here had that problem and everybody stayed away from them. If they fixed it, then the next problem was the cost. The Larue MBT-2S is back down to $99 and maybe! for Christmas we might see $85 again.
As far as I know it's fixed, they have acknowledged the issue and stated that anything after March is good to go.
No issues with mine yet but I haven't put too much through it.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
As far as I know it's fixed, they have acknowledged the issue and stated that anything after March is good to go.
No issues with mine yet but I haven't put too much through it.
If you have problems with it, Please let me know. I am passing this info on to others. Thanks. 1636851614226.gif

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
If you have problems with it, Please let me know. I am passing this info on to others. Thanks. View attachment 9756
Will do, I'll post it here.
I bought this trigger because of a discussion with a fellow coworker (we have over 5,000 employees at this location and there's more of us than them, just too many us's are A-scared) had gotten one but was A-scared to install it because of the AFT bull crap! So not one to walk away from my beliefs, I bought one and installed it and showed him my video and he finally put his in yesterday! Sometimes all ya got to do is set an example for others to follow.
FJB and the AFT……DO NOT be A-scared:)

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
No, but I know of a few people watching for them.
You need to check there website everyday and if you see the buy button on the page you have to jump to get one. They are still making them and listing them as they have them.
I also bought extra springs which also sell out quickly, at least the hammer springs do!

Trigger pack

Springs https://www.rarebreedfirearms.com/hammer-spring/

Last edited: