Post on TOOS (1911 Forum)

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Back from Autozone. I think I F'd up. This wrench appears to be left handed, and I am right handed. I am afraid I might over tighten the screws. Have any of you used a left handed torq right handed? Did you strip out any screws? :D

Roszhou

Well-Known Fanatic
LMF(Biden)O! I forgot how anal some of the people on that site are.

So what do you guys set your torq wrenches to? Do you do them differently if you use an O-ring?

I got to run to Autozone and pick up some torq wrenches, going to carry the Glock until I get all the 1911 grip screws up to spec.

:D:cool:
HELP!! My Glock 19 is missing it's grip screws!! Did I over torque them and they fell off??? OMG!! Where did they go??!! o_Oo_O

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
HELP!! My Glock 19 is missing it's grip screws!! Did I over torque them and they fell off??? OMG!! Where did they go??!! o_Oo_O

Is that a Gen 4 or 5? I think the G5 has grip bolts.

Perfect example of poorly torqed grips. :cool:

TXPlt

Well-Known Fanatic
I am so glad we have this Forum for me. I just left TOOS and there is a post started on O-rings and torquing grip screws. No kidding. What settings to use on a torque wrench. I think the world is at the end of the game. The Wokeness has infected the next generation beyond repair. MAGA I pray.
I was on another site for about 14 or 15 years--made alot of good friends there (and still have them). Ended up as a mod for awhile.

Unfortunately, the site got bought by an Uber-left conglomerate full of wokes. Not sure if it's an intentional play (like 'choke point') to grab pro-freedom sites by leftists and then shut down the dissent, or simply because many pro-freedom sites become profitable with visits and good content. Anyway, it quickly went hard left--at least from the censorship portion from the top (the other mods were great and we all made a great team). One of my friends who was knowledgable and highly respected saw it well before I did (maybe because the ad content had planned parenthood and other anti-gun groups pop up from time to time) and bolted. But I stuck around. When the Jan 6th thing happened the 'voice from above' declared it an "insurrection" (rather than the overheated frat party it was) and played up the LSM angle OF an 'insurrection.' Right along with the communist media. This should have been a really big red flag.

This went as far as to ban one of my friends who I promptly re-instated. They were also paranoid about FBI activity surveilling them (and the site) for pro-freedom views (rather than taking the GFY approach to those who'd impinge on our liberty). Anyway, this should have been strike two for me in realizing that a cancel-culture leftist woke group had taken over the admin and the philosophy was gradually shifting left (at least where it might matter)--and as a mod I was kinda stuck in the middle (but being who I was would stand up for my friends). Not to get too tinfoil hat but many of us were pretty candid in posting pics and opinions and a part of me wonders if the folks at the top were acting more as intel gatherers for statists than trying to make a really good site.

Things came to a head when they started banning people (not us mods but the site admin geeks) without warning claiming slurs (like the cancel culture). One such individual was a long-standing and very respected member (who I reinstated). He was kicked off (without warning) for using the term 'wet back' and you'd have thought from the admin's reaction the member was a neo-nazi kitten killing white supremacy advocate (he obviously wasn't and is a well-spoken good person who was an asset to the place). Never mind the term itself was used officially during the Eisenhower administration and it would have been more appropriate to speak to the person on the side rather than kick him off for something that really wasn't that bad. Anyway, me being me went to bat for the person and was very clear about my distain of the admin's wokeness on the 'private' section (between mods and admin). Which after much banter in private (not gonna go into it) resulted in my being effectively ghosted from the site (kicked off but carried as still active). Now they DO own the site and that's their right--but IMHO they did take it over and impose a woke censorship type of culture.

Which is a threat to ALL freedom loving sites--that a hosting source might switch (or be sold and taken over by communists) and then banish a place which was really nice and a great home for many people (or alter it with cancel culture censorship). This tends to creep so things might seem 'normal' for awhile and as leftists do creep gradually leftward. While we might not LIKE pig headed or 'offensive' speech it is speech nonetheless and those speaking the truth have often found themselves excoriated (standard leftist act when they can't win an argument to attempt to separate the person who speaks the truth well from others). So it's something to watch out for. Certainly a person shouldn't have bad manners, or berate or threaten others. Or use foul language all over the place. But when it comes to bending over for the wokes I think we ALL gotta keep our radar up. Realizing that something we really like CAN get sold and our talents be used against us. And resolve for that not to happen to us.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I was on another site for about 14 or 15 years--made alot of good friends there (and still have them). Ended up as a mod for awhile.

Unfortunately, the site got bought by an Uber-left conglomerate full of wokes. Not sure if it's an intentional play (like 'choke point') to grab pro-freedom sites by leftists and then shut down the dissent, or simply because many pro-freedom sites become profitable with visits and good content. Anyway, it quickly went hard left--at least from the censorship portion from the top (the other mods were great and we all made a great team). One of my friends who was knowledgable and highly respected saw it well before I did (maybe because the ad content had planned parenthood and other anti-gun groups pop up from time to time) and bolted. But I stuck around. When the Jan 6th thing happened the 'voice from above' declared it an "insurrection" (rather than the overheated frat party it was) and played up the LSM angle OF an 'insurrection.' Right along with the communist media. This should have been a really big red flag.

This went as far as to ban one of my friends who I promptly re-instated. They were also paranoid about FBI activity surveilling them (and the site) for pro-freedom views (rather than taking the GFY approach to those who'd impinge on our liberty). Anyway, this should have been strike two for me in realizing that a cancel-culture leftist woke group had taken over the admin and the philosophy was gradually shifting left (at least where it might matter)--and as a mod I was kinda stuck in the middle (but being who I was would stand up for my friends). Not to get too tinfoil hat but many of us were pretty candid in posting pics and opinions and a part of me wonders if the folks at the top were acting more as intel gatherers for statists than trying to make a really good site.

Things came to a head when they started banning people (not us mods but the site admin geeks) without warning claiming slurs (like the cancel culture). One such individual was a long-standing and very respected member (who I reinstated). He was kicked off (without warning) for using the term 'wet back' and you'd have thought from the admin's reaction the member was a neo-nazi kitten killing white supremacy advocate (he obviously wasn't and is a well-spoken good person who was an asset to the place). Never mind the term itself was used officially during the Eisenhower administration and it would have been more appropriate to speak to the person on the side rather than kick him off for something that really wasn't that bad. Anyway, me being me went to bat for the person and was very clear about my distain of the admin's wokeness on the 'private' section (between mods and admin). Which after much banter in private (not gonna go into it) resulted in my being effectively ghosted from the site (kicked off but carried as still active). Now they DO own the site and that's their right--but IMHO they did take it over and impose a woke censorship type of culture.

Which is a threat to ALL freedom loving sites--that a hosting source might switch (or be sold and taken over by communists) and then banish a place which was really nice and a great home for many people (or alter it with cancel culture censorship). This tends to creep so things might seem 'normal' for awhile and as leftists do creep gradually leftward. While we might not LIKE pig headed or 'offensive' speech it is speech nonetheless and those speaking the truth have often found themselves excoriated (standard leftist act when they can't win an argument to attempt to separate the person who speaks the truth well from others). So it's something to watch out for. Certainly a person shouldn't have bad manners, or berate or threaten others. Or use foul language all over the place. But when it comes to bending over for the wokes I think we ALL gotta keep our radar up. Realizing that something we really like CAN get sold and our talents be used against us. And resolve for that not to happen to us.
Well, with all that being said, and I know that stuff is happening all over the web, we're glad to have you here.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
As TXPit said, I think I was on that site and got booted for using the word "Ropes". Maybe not the exact site but the same actions. You all know what I'm talking about. 1911 addicts. I believe that was infiltrated by some worms. The mods seem to change their oversite overnight. Too bad, there were some great people on it. I wonder why more didn't come here. Maybe we are too radical and scare the timid? I know a few are with us that did make the move. I'm sure happy about that. MAGA.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
As TXPit said, I think I was on that site and got booted for using the word "Ropes". Maybe not the exact site but the same actions. You all know what I'm talking about. 1911 addicts. I believe that was infiltrated by some worms. The mods seem to change their oversite overnight. Too bad, there were some great people on it. I wonder why more didn't come here. Maybe we are too radical and scare the timid? I know a few are with us that did make the move. I'm sure happy about that. MAGA.
Addicts ain't what it used to be. I believe you're right. Sometimes I think that forum is run by anti-gun left wingers.

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Maybe we are too radical and scare the timid?
Oh I see them peek around from time to time.
Who needs them? They have what they want at Addicts a trashy glossy poor excuse for a forum never went back, never will!

I was with the first wave from Addicts when they all joined Fanatics, Where they have gone is anyone's guess.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
Addicts ain't what it used to be. I believe you're right. Sometimes I think that forum is run by anti-gun left wingers.
I don't know I never returned after I left(booted). Like mentioned it was good at the beginning. Just like a lot of things nowadays. Never stop saying the truth is what I'm about. I pay for it sometimes but that's life. The pussification of a nation is upon us.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I don't know I never returned after I left(booted). Like mentioned it was good at the beginning. Just like a lot of things nowadays. Never stop saying the truth is what I'm about. I pay for it sometimes but that's life. The pussification of a nation is upon us.
Your belief system and my own seem to be identical. Stand your ground and use the brain that God gave you to discern and speak truth.

With God's word and his guidance, discerning truth is very easy because you know no other way to live your life. That's why the lies and trickery are apparent to believers and so very hard to see for those who have never acknowledged God, the Son, and the Holy Spirit that is here on Earth with us to guide us and keep our eyes open until our physical deaths or the Son's return.

I'm no preacher, nor am I the best Christian, but I have the Son in my heart. Because of that, I have no fear and I don't tolerate being stepped on very well. I was raised in the Church and taught truth by some very good people at a young age. It's the most valuable learning I've ever received. Straight from God's word.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
TOS TX speaks of, would have received my 20 year pin in March. Really a shame. I could have used that time to start another career and retire again lol. I enjoy conversing with like minded people, but doubt I'll invest that much again.
I miss a certain site that I too would have had a 20 year pin. Hard to believe it's been that long. Here's to lessons learned, friends gained, lost, but never forgotten.
It don't cost nothin' to be nice. - Quote for those that know.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
"the evolution of stupidity"...that's what I call the new "woke", or whatever they call it now. @HooDoo Man highlights a key issue....while I don't necessarily disagree with someone reaching out to gain knowledge about something, what I do have an issue about is that SOOOOO many people nowadays HAVE to reach out for knowledge because they were NEVER TAUGHT! Our current generations (last 2 that I can think of) have been coddled, cajoled, spoiled, and brought up to question everything and feel like no matter what, THEIR opinions count and SHOULD be considered/obeyed....sorry folks....NO! Oh wait....that's a term the "woke" don't know yet...."NO!".

2 examples.....First....years ago (maybe about 10?) I recall reading an article about the USA. That up to about 20 years ago, we were a major player in agricultural exports and held our own in manufacturing. Flash forward about 20 years, and the USA is now a major player in agricultural IMPORTS and has to IMPORT manufacturing. The number 1 thing the USA is now known for....CREDIT and BANKING! Yes, we went from a major agricultural and manufacturing society (hard work, production, etc.) to a credit and banking society (sit at a desk and play with money that doesn't exist).

Second example...a two-fold example.....first part - was trying to help my Son (24yrs old) with something and was trying to explain a mechanical fix to him. His response - "Dad, I got this...I'll just look it up on YouTube"....now granted, I've taught him ALOT of mechanical stuff when he was young (I grew up a diesel mechanics kid and did all kinds of construction/carpentry/masonry/mechanical work over the years)...but that's the mentality nowadays...."I'll just look it up on YouTube". The PROBLEM is that YouTube is filled with alot of misinformation and IDIOTS who shouldn't be allowed to breath, let alone "Teach" others on YouTube.

The second part of the 2nd example....was having a discussion with my Son about societal issues (I'm LE and he's in Med School - he's a great kid who has an "old school" approach - calls his fellow Medical School students "snowflakes", LOL). I'm venting about how so many people seem to disregard authority these days, and he says "But Dad...in college today, they TEACH us to CHALLENGE authority. They TEACH us to PUSH BACK whenever we feel we are wronged, whether we actually are or not, but if we FEEL that way then we are RIGHT in pushing back and CHALLENGING authority"....I was dumbfounded!

So....to sum this up....We have failed our younger generations in not teaching them to be self-reliant and adaptable....we have expanded the "sphere of incompetence" with social media and the likes of YouTube spreading misinformation and ignorance as if it were truth.....we have moved away from being productive as a society....and we have now allowed folks to challenge authority because they FEEL wronged......

So yeah....we're screwed.....

Big Biscuit

Well-Known Fanatic
Every generation to come down the pike has been headed to hell in a handbasket.

The last couple of generations have been able to increase the velocity and visibility with help of the internet.

As a chap my dad would take me to visit my grandpa. It was always the same. Him sitting in his rocker on the front porch. A can of Falstaff in one hand and a fly swatter in the other. The porch had a thick carpet of dead flies. All day long, every day. I don't know if I ever saw him off the porch.

From his vantage point he had the drop on the whole neighborhood. He could and would tell you who was doing what to who and who wasn't hitting a lick at a snake. Who was lazy and who was a drunk. Nobody escaped his scrutiny.

One day I asked my dad what was wrong with him. "He's just old". That was all the explanation he offered and it was all I needed.

It took me a long time to understand. Now I'm the one who is old.

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Every generation to come down the pike has been headed to hell in a handbasket.

The last couple of generations have been able to increase the velocity and visibility with help of the internet.

As a chap my dad would take me to visit my grandpa. It was always the same. Him sitting in his rocker on the front porch. A can of Falstaff in one hand and a fly swatter in the other. The porch had a thick carpet of dead flies. All day long, every day. I don't know if I ever saw him off the porch.

From his vantage point he had the drop on the whole neighborhood. He could and would tell you who was doing what to who and who wasn't hitting a lick at a snake. Who was lazy and who was a drunk. Nobody escaped his scrutiny.

One day I asked my dad what was wrong with him. "He's just old". That was all the explanation he offered and it was all I needed.

It took me a long time to understand. Now I'm the one who is old.
The same thing has happened to me.

Latest posts