Oklahoma Section Coordinator

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
For the folks that are concerned that I haven't been through an RO certification class yet, the bylaws state that the onboarding SC has 6 months to achieve this certification after taking office. I will be in the next class offered in our area and if not, I will get one arranged personally. About time to get one going again for this area pretty soon anyway.

Thanks!

Mike

mike_pinto said:
For the folks that are concerned that I haven't been through an RO certification class yet, the bylaws state that the onboarding SC has 6 months to achieve this certification after taking office. I will be in the next class offered in our area and if not, I will get one arranged personally. About time to get one going again for this area pretty soon anyway.

Thanks!

Mike
This concerned me very much, but I was willing to overlook that for the great contribution this will make to transgender equality.

Airic

I shoot.
Since it hasn't been posted on here yet. From Mike's SC facebook:

"I want to take a moment and thank my good friend, Rob Elston for the work he put in to the Oklahoma Section for the past two and a half years!! With that said, he has stepped down from the Oklahoma Section Coordinator position effective tomorrow. As of July 1st I will become the Oklahoma Section Coordinator. I look forward to continuing the progress that Rob made within the section.
I will be reaching out to all of the OK Match Directors to discuss my vision for the future of the Oklahoma Section and to open up the floor for suggestions and opinions. I will be also begin to lobby for the Area 4 Championship to return to the Sooner State.
Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions. This is OUR section, let's make it great!!

Thanks again!
Mike"

I would also like to thank Rob for his service to the Section. I'm very excited about the future. Talking to Mike at our club match at ITPSC, he seems to be very motivated about the job. I really think there are great things in our future (no pressure Mike lol).

Rockon71385

Founding Member
Thanks to Rob for all of the time and hard work he has put into the position. I can't think of a guy I know personally that's volunteered more of his own time to put on matches, RO majors, and just generally support the sport. We're all lucky to have Rob as part of our section and to call him a friend.

Congrats to Mike! He will be an awesome section coordinator. The rest of us need to step up and lend a hand whenever needed to give Mike the support he needs to run a top-notch section. Too many time people volunteer to lead then get little help from members. This leaves them doing all of the work and eventually feeling exhausted, over-worked, and under-appreciated. Lets make sure we, as a section, do a good job of giving Mike all the help he needs to run the thing right. A happy section coordinator with plenty of energy means new ideas will be implemented and things will improve.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Thanks guys. I had a great talk with Art today and there are quite a few things he is going to help me out with moving forward. We have 100% commitment from the Area for quite a few things I think will work well.

I will be shooting as many club matches as I possibly can around the state and I look forward to hearing concerns, suggestions, complaints, etc from every member out there.
Let's get this OKC RO class filled up first though!! I need about 8 more folks. :)

Glad you got it Mike, I never heard about a vote coming up. You have my belated vote
Congrats

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Thanks Jason. If there is only one person running, the vote process is removed. I would be going on right now if someone else would have announced they were running.

Thanks.

Latest posts