Oklahoma Section Coordinator

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Ladies and Gentlemen, and Micah Rowe,
I have decided to officially announce my intention of running for Oklahoma Section Coordinator when Rob Elston steps down this summer. I am not going to turn this into a campaign speech about kissing hands and shaking babies, but I do want to explain why I am running and what I think I can bring to the section. As a life member of USPSA, a fairly seasoned 3-gunner, a current MD and RM for the section, and generally a pretty decent feller, I hope you all can help me get into a role for the section to make a difference.... and repeal ObamaCare.. LOL
I will ensure we have a website that is full of useful information and stays current with all of the activities around the state, has an accurate match listing with links to sign up for matches (if available) and other activities happening within the section. An annual banquet will be scheduled to recognize extraordinary performers as well as volunteers within the section. I always though having a recognized "State Team" would be great in each of the disciplines and recognizing those folks through shooting shirts, partial sponsorships for majors, etc (still working out details on this piece).. I want to better integrate ALL of the clubs and have open communications about the section and the direction to take things. In general, I want to make sure the clubs are taken care of from a USPSA sanctioning perspective, as well as the individuals that make this sport great. Below are a few thoughts I had on state matches..

Section Pistol Championships - I believe Section/State Championships are a tradition that needs to be carried on. This past year, we managed to attract shooters from 7 states and had competitors in each of the offered divisions and in all classes. I believe that the championship this year will be even bigger and more successful. I want the Oklahoma Sectionals to be as popular as the Mississippi Classic, the Gator, Space City and all the rest of the sectionals combined. I will work closely with the clubs and MD's throughout the state to get the schedule of these majors out prior to the beginning of each shooting season to ensure maximum participation. I also would lobby to host the next A4 match here in our backyard.

Multi-Gun Sectional Championship - Although Multi-Gun has gained some serious traction over the past couple of years, there really isn't a single, annual, large match that everyone looks forward to here in Oklahoma each year. The folks at OKCGC and USSA put on some of the best local matches in the country every month, but we haven't seen a "championship" here in a long time. The Arkansas 3-gun match in October is always such a hit and draws some of the biggest names in the sport. Why can't we have that here? I want to work with the 3-gun match directors and combine thoughts, and maybe facilities to host an epic annual event. With the time-plus scoring that USPSA went to a couple years ago and the elimination of major/minor, why not have another sanctioned 3-gun match here? I would love to see an overall champion in each division, something like the Oklahoma Triple Crown.

Steel-Challenge State Championship - The aforementioned Oklahoma Triple Crown championship will require division wins in each of the three disciplines. Steel Challenge has become incredibly popular thanks to our dedicated match directors around the state. The sport has grown by leaps and bounds and I would love to create an Oklahoma Speed Shooting Championship.

The Oklahoma section has some of the best shooters in the country, bar none. I also believe we have the most fun! There is rarely discourse and we have some of the largest local matches in existence. This is largely due to the outgoing Section Coordinator and his predecessors. Let's keep it going into 2015 and beyond.

I will have a Facebook page up soon for the campaign...

Thanks!

Mike Pinto
L3649

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
Awesome news Mike - I'm hoping I can make an OK Sectional soon - make this bad boys 2 days and I'm there!!!

Good luck!

Feegee

The Magic Man
I think Mike is the best person for the job and will get everything on track. Good luck Mike.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Git R Done!

If you need any space on this forum let is know. We are behind you 100%.

Also I know a guy that has admin Rights on the OK Section facebook page. It could use some activity.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
I thought just the clubs had a vote. Is there a forum for open questions or is it best that we email them?

I was considering it if no one else were running. Its a pretty thankless job. Mikes gonna be a great candidate, thanks for stepping up.

I will be moderating the series of debates if anyone else steps up.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Mitch Gibson said:
Burk should pick Pinto for his 2015 arch-nemesis, and run against him for A4 director. His platform will be "beer, boobs, and beer and boobs".
Burk would be tough to beat with that platform.

Latest posts