OKCGC 3-Gun match - Saturday 5/24/14

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
LuckyDucky (Spencer) said:
My 3 guns will be

Glock 17
7.5" AR Pistol + Red Dot
Jesse's M3000
What ammo do you have for the shotgun? My extractor doesn't love cheap stuff. I need to swap it out but not until I get a backup. I can bring you my beloved M2 if you only have **** ammo. Of course it doesn't like Estate either.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
english kanigit said:
None of you are made of sugar… are you worried about your little gamer-wagons getting wet or something? :p

Rain never hurt anybody and it can teach you a few lessons about yourself and your gear!

Ek
It can also be pretty dangerous to be running around in slippery mud with hot weapons

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
What ammo do you have for the shotgun? My extractor doesn't love cheap stuff. I need to swap it out but not until I get a backup. I can bring you my beloved M2 if you only have **** ammo. Of course it doesn't like Estate either.
Federal birdshot and winchester superX slugs

Robaire Pullicar

arch-nemesis
It can also be pretty dangerous to be running around in slippery mud with hot weapons. Also I don't want to drive two hours to get sent home because of rain. I couldn't care less if me or my guns get wet.

LuckyDucky

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
Yes. By law is it a pistol or a rifle? Plus it will just be slow.
Psh, you know that's a legal technicality.

But ok. :sad:

I'm not sure it would be slower than using a full-size rifle that's heavier. I'm not experienced at 3-gun, but I would think the velocity loss is irrelevant for most matches unless the majority of the rifle portion of the match is >300 yards which means that the ability to transition targets is a big gain. At OKC Gun Club, there's no long range bay anymore either.

http://3gunnation.com/news/details/artmid/509/articleid/128163/the-light-rifle

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
R.Pullicar.jr said:
It can also be pretty dangerous to be running around in slippery mud with hot weapons. Also I don't want to drive two hours to get sent home because of rain. I couldn't care less if me or my guns get wet.
Yep, I'm not worried about me or my guns getting rained on either, we just have to be practical about safety. Maybe Mike can set something up with limited movement if it gets too muddy.

dmun

Fanatic
I plan on coming down tomorrow. This will be my first 3Gun match. I don't mind a rain as long as it doesn't rain us out!

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
There is a rifle power factor of 160 for minor. So you technically need 2910 fps with a 55.

Does the 9" ar have a stock?

stop screwing around doofuses. Spencer, we need a stock on that sucker; Im ok with sbrs provided they have the slightest amount of competency, but an AR pistol is hard to keep an eye on for the RO's. And we want to give every advantage we can to the advancement and maintenance of safety.

as far as the match and stages, Its not super huge movement wise, so we will be good. It would have to be a lake and/or raining non stop with no window of clearing in order for it to be called.

I will post it here if it is called, and those that are driving from a ways off, feel free to TEXT me at 405-595-9272 to ask if the match is still on. I dont have access to the okcgc website super early like that, but I will try to post up on facebook also. I believe my page is public.

Ill have rough round count. We may, depending on weather, decide to reduce paper targets so this may change.

Please bring a spare pair of old gloves for setting possible muddy steel.

We do have 6 slugs on a stage.

Latest posts