Next USPSA President.

ryanncass

Well-Known Fanatic
Chris I think you nailed it. Everyone wants a state match but no one wants to step up to put in the work to make it happen matches don't just happen on their own. I think Rob has a done a great job at listening to the members and doing the right stuff for the section.

Airic

I shoot.
FWIW, I wasnt talking about Rob or the job he has done after SC was dropped in his lap. I think he's done a good job dealing with the issues that have come up.

It is a lot of hard work to put on a State (Level 2) type match. I remember when we were doing it down here at ITPSC 10-12yrs ago. One thing the section could do to take the pressure of that away is to run a points series that spans throughout the year.

I started to type out more specifics to that but I think were getting a little off the original topic.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
#1 we need to elect a good president
#2 we need to elect a good area director
#3 we all need to make our section better

I wish phil and troy all the best. It will be interesting to see who's name ends up in the hat for the positions.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
As far as I know no one else has put their name in the hat. I'm sure more will announce. Seems there is a no politics rule on enos so I doubt that will be a source of information.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Ryan Alexander said:
Chris I think you nailed it. Everyone wants a state match but no one wants to step up to put in the work to make it happen matches don't just happen on their own. I think Rob has a done a great job at listening to the members and doing the right stuff for the section.
Somebody needs to do like Double Tap and run the matches with the intent of making a few dollars for your time.

Airic

I shoot.
Traditionally the state level matches have been very affordable, like $50 range for match fee. I think that's what attracts those guys who shoot locals but never attend majors. For that price they don't feel like they are spending a lot of money to go get 5th place C class (Exact words of someone I talked to about this). To make money, you gotta have higher match fees.

irons_shooter

TOLA Guy
Gentlemen, we are meeting tonight to discuss the state match. It WILL happen this year. It will be reasonable entry, have trophies and bad ass stages, and be a ton of fun.

More information to follow after tonight's meeting.

About the original subject, Troy has my vote. Anyone that can pull off a kilt while RO'ing the multigun nationals with a stogie going the whole time gets my vote for sure!!

Airic

I shoot.
The unofficial USPSA information vine (text mssgs lol) has Paul Hyland from liveshots.net in the running

Latest posts