Next USPSA President.

The Antichrome

A note from Troy:

This email is to formally announce to the members of Area 4 that I will be
> running for USPSA President in the next election cycle. Our current
> President, Phil Strader, has announced that he will not seek re-election
> when his term ends. The election will be held in 2015, with the new
> President taking office in January, 2016.
>
> Because I will be running for President, I will not be able to run for
> Area Director when my term is up, which will happen at the end of 2015,
> just like the President's. That means someone from the Area will need to
> step up and seriously consider a run for the position.
>
> I've been urged to seek the office of USPSA President by many people over
> the years. I've been involved with USPSA for a little over 25 years now,
> as a member, Range Officer, CRO, RM and RMI as well as a board member for
> several years. I also recently retired, so I am not obligated to any
> other employer. I think I have the dedication, skills, and time to lead
> the organization as President.
>
> Please continue to be ambassadors for the sport, and to send me your
> ideas, suggestions, and criticisms.
>
> Best regards, and Happy New Year.
>
> Troy McManus
> NROI RMI
> Area 4 Director

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Jesse Tischauser said:
I think I am ready for the Area 4 Director job. :eek:

you will have trouble getting it for the same reason that i would have trouble getting promoted into management, you are not "corporate" enough. (for the record i mean that as a compliment)

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
benjamin-benjamin said:
you will have trouble getting it for the same reason that i would have trouble getting promoted into management, you are not "corporate" enough. (for the record i mean that as a compliment)
USPSA could use a wild card! That's kinda what I was hoping Phil was. Somebody to rock the boat a little.

I do take that as a compliment BTW.

hunter_dmw12

Well-Known Fanatic
Crap jesse the celebrity with power!!!!!! Could end in a good way. Look how well he promotes 3GN and all he does for the shooting world.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Jesse Tischauser said:
USPSA could use a wild card! That's kinda what I was hoping Phil was. Somebody to rock the boat a little.

I do take that as a compliment BTW.

WILD CARD!!!!!!

sunny_wild.gif

dennishoddy

All BS aside, I kind of like a person that is not "in the loop" to get some consideration into a position that might bring some new ideas into how every thing is ran.

A little bit of "what do you think about this" vs, yes sir I'll do it your way, goes a long way with me.

Airic

I shoot.
I think Troy is a perfect pick for the next USPSA president (as it stands right now w/o seeing his agenda). He's been a huge part of running things in this sport for a very long time. He's also a no bullshit type of guy.

Jesse as Area 4 director? I'm more concerned with the bleak status of the Oklahoma Section than Area 4.

jtischauser

dennishoddy said:
All BS aside, I kind of like a person that is not "in the loop" to get some consideration into a position that might bring some new ideas into how every thing is ran.

A little bit of "what do you think about this" vs, yes sir I'll do it your way, goes a long way with me.
I was hoping Phil was gonna keep on rocking the boat. I'm sure not everyone liked his ideas but they were different. We had a split nationals and it was in Tulsa again. The Revo/SS nationals seemed to be a success as well

jtischauser

Eric Gambill said:
I think Troy is a perfect pick for the next USPSA president (as it stands right now w/o seeing his agenda). He's been a huge part of running things in this sport for a very long time. He's also a no bullshit type of guy.

Jesse as Area 4 director? I'm more concerned with the bleak status of the Oklahoma Section than Area 4.
We need some youth in the section that has the time to put into making some sectional matches.

I'd love to get more involved but right now I'm gonna focus on losing to Horner for a few more years. Eric you should take charge of this deal.

Airic

I shoot.
Jesse Tischauser said:
We need some youth in the section that has the time to put into making some sectional matches.

I'd love to get more involved but right now I'm gonna focus on losing to Horner for a few more years. Eric you should take charge of this deal.
Lol, you can't just take charge of the section...you have to be voted in. Also, I'm pretty sure there are a lot better qualified people out there.

jtischauser

At this point if you raise your hand you'd be voted in. I don't think anybidy wants the job do they? Rob inherited it didn't he?

bsdubois00

Head Honcho Emeritus
I'm not 100% against Troy (although he and I have our differences) however there are a few issues that I think he will need to answer when it gets closer. This year in the summer when everyone was asking for more info about Area 4 he posted something on Enos to the point of him being busy with his other USPSA duties and that he will get to Area 4 when he gets to them. I'm afraid that if he retains all these other titles that he will just be like presidents in the past and that the job that he is getting paid to do (if he wins president) will just fall to the side of the other stuff that obviously he felt was more important than Area 4.

If he is willing to relinquish all of those other duties and make the president his SOLE focus then he is a very good candidate - but if not - I think thought should be taken to look elsewhere.

Just my 2 cents

ChrisC

Revolver Division
lets back of the section coordinator thing. I believe Rob stepped up when no one else would. Since he volunteered for the position he has been very accessible asking for input on what we want (he does have an email address for this purpose) remember when he asked for input on how slots are distributed? Remember the RO class a lot of us took? Didn't Rob set that up? I think Rob has done an outstanding job as section coordinator. As far as state championships how many clubs have stepped up and said they wanted to host one? how many people have stepped up and said they wanted to be a match director? very few my boomer shooter friends.

Latest posts