Newbie from the UK ,moving the US. Big fan of the 1911.

neil024a

Fanatic
HI all ,i currently live in the UK,however by the end of the year ill be moving to Utah. Big fan of the 1911 ,the first handgun I learned to shoot with way back before they were all banned here. :(
Once I am over in the US after my green card is sorted out ill be heading towards a shop and this iconic firearm will be my first buy .
Look forward to talking to you all on here .

Neil

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome Neil. I hope you enjoy living among the "yanks". When it comes to shooting
you will think you died and went to heaven. Enjoy it while you can because the right to
own guns is rapidly being taken away from us.
Zeke

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the forum from Kansas

1D9C3780-9E25-434D-BD12-2D29C4A73DE2.jpeg

My son and his wife are being transferred to London for 2 years once this COVID stuff is ironed out.

Attachments

• 76B332A6-A0CD-4996-9BBF-79FA9F6E1B6A.jpeg
    76B332A6-A0CD-4996-9BBF-79FA9F6E1B6A.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 5
HI all ,i currently live in the UK,however by the end of the year ill be moving to Utah. Big fan of the 1911 ,the first handgun I learned to shoot with way back before they were all banned here. :(
Once I am over in the US after my green card is sorted out ill be heading towards a shop and this iconic firearm will be my first buy .

Neil
Benn to many times

Neil
Ben to the United Kingdom many times. Very nice to visit. I suspect you will love the United States. Will try to stay away from politics but know that many Eastern States are very gun restrictive due to this. State of Utah is very good. Getting used to the driving difference will be challenging. Welcome and good luck!

damajret

New Fanatic
Neil

Welcome aboard. It's refreshing to see a Brit(?) who is enthusiastic about gun ownership. My UK friends are primarily ex -Army and never shared my enthusiasm. Hope your transition to the colonies goes smoothly.

Keith

Weisse52

Active Fanatic
Welcome.

UTAH is a very gun friendly state. Salt Lake City itself is pretty liberal, but they mostly keep that craziness in the city.

What part of Utah are you moving too?

neil024a

Fanatic
Welcome.

UTAH is a very gun friendly state. Salt Lake City itself is pretty liberal, but they mostly keep that craziness in the city.

What part of Utah are you moving too?
Ill be moving to St George Weisse52, once all the paperwork is done that is :)

rcted

New Fanatic

Neil
Hi Neil, and welcome! We live in Northern Utah. Let us know where you'll be living.

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
Welcome to the site..& an early welcome to the U.S,A.
I believe you'll like it here. (Greetings from S.E. Michigan.. aka Motown, (Detroit metro area)
Save all the $ you can before you get here, 'cause if you like 1911's, you may find they're incredibly habit forming.
Start with a Govt. model in 45 acp, then you'll need/ want a Commander-sized one to keep it company.
Next, will be a 1911 in a different caliber..9mm is a great choice, as well as 10mm or 40 S&W.
Did you forget, you'll need/want an Officer sized one , for a carry piece...