Newbie from the UK ,moving the US. Big fan of the 1911.

neil024a

Fanatic
Welcome to the site..& an early welcome to the U.S,A.
I believe you'll like it here. (Greetings from S.E. Michigan.. aka Motown, (Detroit metro area)
Save all the $ you can before you get here, 'cause if you like 1911's, you may find they're incredibly habit forming.
Start with a Govt. model in 45 acp, then you'll need/ want a Commander-sized one to keep it company.
Next, will be a 1911 in a different caliber..9mm is a great choice, as well as 10mm or 40 S&W.
Did you forget, you'll need/want an Officer sized one , for a carry piece...

Lol thank you. Already been looking for a few. The Springfields look nice-either a Range officer or perhaps a Ronin operator. Plenty of videos on youtube to look over as well.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
Neil024a, my brother lived north of St. George in Dammeron Valley in the late '80s and early '90s. He was a geologist for Tenneco Minerals. I used to really enjoy going out there to visit him, spent a lot of time on the water at Gunlock Lake (reservoir).

Lots of Jack rabbits as I remember.

HRColey

Fanatic
HI all ,i currently live in the UK,however by the end of the year ill be moving to Utah. Big fan of the 1911 ,the first handgun I learned to shoot with way back before they were all banned here. :(
Once I am over in the US after my green card is sorted out ill be heading towards a shop and this iconic firearm will be my first buy .
Look forward to talking to you all on here .

Neil
Welcome to the U.S.A. and firearms freedom. As soon as you move to Utah join the NRA and Gun Owners of America in order to help us keep our firearms freedom. We need your help.

Weisse52

Active Fanatic
Lots of nice 1911's out there. When you can don't be afraid of the used market. Utah allows face to face sales to state residents without having to use a FFL/dealer.

Colt, Springfield, Dan Wesson produce some great 1911's without breaking the bank.

This forum is a wealth of gun knowledge.

neil024a

Fanatic
Lots of nice 1911's out there. When you can don't be afraid of the used market. Utah allows face to face sales to state residents without having to use a FFL/dealer.

Colt, Springfield, Dan Wesson produce some great 1911's without breaking the bank.

This forum is a wealth of gun knowledge.

Thank you Weisse52 . Im sure I will learn a lot .

Vin

Well-Known Fanatic
HI all ,i currently live in the UK,however by the end of the year ill be moving to Utah. Big fan of the 1911 ,the first handgun I learned to shoot with way back before they were all banned here. :(
Once I am over in the US after my green card is sorted out ill be heading towards a shop and this iconic firearm will be my first buy .

Neil
Welcome , enjoy Utah, great place for gun enthusiasts to live. Your second buy should be a Dillon progressive press, reloaded is the way to go for the foreseeable future because ammo is extremely hard to find right now. Good Luck .

RickOShay

Well-Known Fanatic
So glad to have you here. Enjoy the country, our freedoms and the best president we've had in decades!

Attachments

• IMG_1445.JPG
    IMG_1445.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 6

Donald hittson

Fanatic
Welcome Neil. I hope you enjoy living among the "yanks". When it comes to shooting
you will think you died and went to heaven. Enjoy it while you can because the right to
own guns is rapidly being taken away from us.
Zeke
I'm new too, which rights are being taken away?

zb338

Well-Known Fanatic
All of them once the Democrats take charge. We ride with trump
or we don't ride at all. The Dem's think the Second Amendment
is a joke.
Zeke

Mjolnir

Fanatic

Neil

Welcome to the 'States!

UT should be fun if you adore the outdoors. I'm jealous. [emoji41][emoji481]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjolnir

Fanatic
Welcome from Louisiana. View attachment 6436

From Baton Rouge, brother!

"Geaux, Tigahs!"

aa21fea85123dca03854ad33e2e09a1f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bigbob76

Fanatic
Ill be moving to St George Weisse52, once all the paperwork is done that is :)
St. George is excellent and a Springfield Range Officer is a lot of gun for the money. Personally I would buy a stainless version. I live in California where we don't have as much freedom as you will have in St. George. Welcome!