New dog (Plott Hound, Pit Bull/Lab mix)

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Same here... I don't ever want to wound an animal when out hunting. It's the primary reason why I gave up bowhunting years ago. Thwack -- the arrow goes right through the deer, and the deer initially doesn't feel anything but a sharp sting or sharp sudden pain in its chest. The deer resorts to flee (aka the old "fight or flee" analogy), and runs off to parts unknown.
Been there, done that, and owe it to the deer to humanely put it down instantly, where it has no clue what happened... The deer is standing there munching on an acorn, when from 125 yards away, my Savage .308 sends out its mighty retort, and.... Bang!!! Flop!!! DOA right then and there. No pain, no suffering, no running off wounded.... Lights out in 0.2 seconds!

Getting back to my dog Reggie - He's just one of those breeds, where if I EVER decided to take him out into the woods and go hunting.... Pfffffftttt... It's all over. He's gone, and never coming back... You know what I mean? Darn dog will be all the way out in Buckingham County come nightfall!!! o_O

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Same here... I don't ever want to wound an animal when out hunting. It's the primary reason why I gave up bowhunting years ago. Thwack -- the arrow goes right through the deer, and the deer initially doesn't feel anything but a sharp sting or sharp sudden pain in its chest. The deer resorts to flee (aka the old "fight or flee" analogy), and runs off to parts unknown.
Been there, done that, and owe it to the deer to humanely put it down instantly, where it has no clue what happened... The deer is standing there munching on an acorn, when from 125 yards away, my Savage .308 sends out its mighty retort, and.... Bang!!! Flop!!! DOA right then and there. No pain, no suffering, no running off wounded.... Lights out in 0.2 seconds!

Getting back to my dog Reggie - He's just one of those breeds, where if I EVER decided to take him out into the woods and go hunting.... Pfffffftttt... It's all over. He's gone, and never coming back... You know what I mean? Darn dog will be all the way out in Buckingham County come nightfall!!! o_O
LOL. He's so into life right now, he would enjoy all of the things to see until he got lost.

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
Great dog and story. Enjoy many happy years together

I spied on top of your katana amp, a glass slide. You play bootleneck? I have and do, but don't stick with it for any extended period of time. I need to pick up a beater electric and set it up dedicated to play slide. I mostly play open tunings for slide rather than standard, why I need another guitar!! Like we need a reason right?

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
Great dog and story. Enjoy many happy years together

I spied on top of your katana amp, a glass slide. You play bootleneck? I have and do, but don't stick with it for any extended period of time. I need to pick up a beater electric and set it up dedicated to play slide. I mostly play open tunings for slide rather than standard, why I need another guitar!! Like we need a reason right?
Good morning.... Yes, that's my Dunlop glass slide, on top of the Boss Katana Artist 100 watt amp, along with numerous picks and things (and a hilarious toy drum kit that a buddy bought me as a gag gift -- goes back to my long standing complaint about my wife not allowing me to have a real set of drums in the house! Ha ha ha...)

I play standard tuning, but on occasion will switch to Open G (i.e. Keith Richards tuning).

switchback

Well-Known Fanatic
love keef tuning. Amazing how much music is written in open G. Almost entire black crows first record, for instance.
Another "thing" that the more I know the more I realize what I don't know. I can "play" been at it since '63, many bands and all that. But still wouldn't call myself a guitarist, or a gunsmith either

ButchA

Well-Known Fanatic
One more update... My dog Reggie is now 1 yr, 3 mos, and already 66 pounds. He's a freakin' MOOSE! :cool:

Even though it was still 86° at 8:15pm, he just HAD TO go for a dog walk. Thankfully his harness and leash (not to mention my sneakers) are reflective! He has to check his "pee mail" on every single dog walk, sniffing every bush, every tree, every shrub, etc... :rolleyes:

cs8b2xT.jpg

CECannonJr

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
One more update... My dog Reggie is now 1 yr, 3 mos, and already 66 pounds. He's a freakin' MOOSE! :cool:

Even though it was still 86° at 8:15pm, he just HAD TO go for a dog walk. Thankfully his harness and leash (not to mention my sneakers) are reflective! He has to check his "pee mail" on every single dog walk, sniffing every bush, every tree, every shrub, etc... :rolleyes:

cs8b2xT.jpg
He sure looks healthy and beautiful. It's great to see an animal taken care of and given a great home. Reggie is certainly a family member now!