Nighthawk My first Hawk has landed......

marinedoc

Well-Known Fanatic
With companies like Nighthawk, the wait doesn't change much. As it was explained to me, distributors may place an order for a thousand guns. So keeping this in mind, the company such as Wilson, Nighthawk, Cabot and other high end, precision gun manufacturers can only turn out so many guns and there just aren't that many skilled craftsmen to assembly them. So they will never catch up. To avoid a long wait try going to an on line dealer that may have one in stock rather than ordering from the manufacturer. It may not have the custom features you want but believe me, you'll love the gun. I have a Nighthawk, Cabot and several Wilson's and got them directly from the company but not with a wait as long as you're seeing now. I just ordered a knife that has a waiting list about a year long, but in a year I'll have the knife and be glad that I ordered when I did.

Reactions: Dub

billvincent

Fanatic
Placed my order for this one a few months ago. Picked it up from my FFL today.

Hoping to hit the range with it in the morning.

Man, that's sweet! I just bought a Wilson Combat looks almost exactly like it!! I know you'll enjoy it!!

Hard chrome frame. The rest is black nitride. 20 lpi frontstrap checkering. Gold bead front sight, Heine ledge rear. Chambered in .38 Super.

I like the 1-piece mainspring housing/magwell. Rounded butt allows shirt to glide over and not snag. Blended in fairly smoothly. No complaints.

EXPD

Fanatic
That NH looks beautiful, but I wonder about their customer service? I had an issue with a drop in trigger kit and requested assistance, they answered once and when I still could not get it to function correctly and believe me I have the video memorized I see it in my dreams, I wrote to them again it's been 6 weeks and still no answer.

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
That NH looks beautiful, but I wonder about their customer service? I had an issue with a drop in trigger kit and requested assistance, they answered once and when I still could not get it to function correctly and believe me I have the video memorized I see it in my dreams, I wrote to them again it's been 6 weeks and still no answer.

I've heard nothing but stories of excellence from folks regarding their customer service experiences from Nighthawk.

Six weeks is a long time to wait on a response. o_O

I had some product questions and gave them a call. They fell over themselves to answer my questions and make sure I was in good shape with what they told me.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
Placed my order for this one a few months ago. Picked it up from my FFL today.

Hoping to hit the range with it in the morning.

Hard chrome frame. The rest is black nitride. 20 lpi frontstrap checkering. Gold bead front sight, Heine ledge rear. Chambered in .38 Super.

I like the 1-piece mainspring housing/magwell. Rounded butt allows shirt to glide over and not snag. Blended in fairly smoothly. No complaints.

Nicely done !! Two of my faves 1) the Falcon, 2) Hardchrome / Black.

If I had the disposable income, that would be very high on my list.. I might even copy the build sheet line item by line item. I'd put different grips on in case we were going to the same barbecue :)

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Nicely done !! Two of my faves 1) the Falcon, 2) Hardchrome / Black.

If I had the disposable income, that would be very high on my list.. I might even copy the build sheet line item by line item. I'd put different grips on in case we were going to the same barbecue :)

Well…..problem is I don't have the disposable income.....simply said "what the heck...make it happen".

Recent life events reinforced the harsh truth that we simply don't know what tomorrow will bring.

With that in mind I decided to secure some guns that have been in my wishlist.

My goal now is to try to wear them out with frequent range fun on my days off.

Primers & powder are once again arriving on weekly orders.

Made it to the range this morning and ran 100rds of factory hollow point loads through it.

I shot fast…..not mag dump fast….but let the gun ride at dang near full throttle.

Front sight would begin its shiny downward arc and I'd give the trigger a press.

This sucker wanted to run like a nimble sports car.

Next session I will run a bit slower and aim with more care.

Today was simply quickly putting hits on target from 10yrds.

469A31F2-97F6-47E0-8C60-161B8E4F73B4.jpeg
99373978-67A9-45C7-BCB4-DC0BA9B1ADAF.jpeg

Dub

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
With companies like Nighthawk, the wait doesn't change much. As it was explained to me, distributors may place an order for a thousand guns. So keeping this in mind, the company such as Wilson, Nighthawk, Cabot and other high end, precision gun manufacturers can only turn out so many guns and there just aren't that many skilled craftsmen to assembly them. So they will never catch up. To avoid a long wait try going to an on line dealer that may have one in stock rather than ordering from the manufacturer. It may not have the custom features you want but believe me, you'll love the gun. I have a Nighthawk, Cabot and several Wilson's and got them directly from the company but not with a wait as long as you're seeing now. I just ordered a knife that has a waiting list about a year long, but in a year I'll have the knife and be glad that I ordered when I did.

The best strategy that I've found is simply to give George a call at Gunslingers.

He'll place whatever custom order you wish for....and the wait time isn't bad at all. His prices are solid and he will ensure that your wanted customizations are included. Very clear communication and easy to follow along.

He's been spot on with every dealing I've had with him. Highly recommend him.

Rooster

Well-Known Fanatic
The best strategy that I've found is simply to give George a call at Gunslingers.

He'll place whatever custom order you wish for....and the wait time isn't bad at all. His prices are solid and he will ensure that your wanted customizations are included. Very clear communication and easy to follow along.

He's been spot on with every dealing I've had with him. Highly recommend him.
+1 on George. His prices are as good as you get, and he is very knowledgeable on everything he sells. The guy returns calls quickly

nicalaex

Well-Known Fanatic
I've heard nothing but stories of excellence from folks regarding their customer service experiences from Nighthawk.

Six weeks is a long time to wait on a response. o_O

I had some product questions and gave them a call. They fell over themselves to answer my questions and make sure I was in good shape with what they told me.
NH customer service--THE BEST AND I'VE USED THEM