Let's talk about malt liquor

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Micah_Rowe said:
First of all, Beam Family Bourbon speaks for itself and I would rather drink a Jim Beam & Coke and take my chances with Mr. Mom than drink that blasphemous swill you foolishly mistook for bourbon: Jack Daniels.

Referencing Jack Daniels as not only Bourbon, when its Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey, but also suggesting by association that it is better than Kentucky Bourbon by comparison is foul.

I call bullshit.

See you in the street.

538bb88a835921f1ba9fa47c996bbd41.jpg

posted via Tapatalk

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
technetium-99m said:
Make your own beer? Or have the revenuers shut that down as well?
Nope, home brewing is quite popular, a couple years ago even the hipsters caught onto it, so brewing your own was the hottest thing you could do for a while. You end up with a pint that cost about a 10th of what you pay at the store.

A plain Sierra Nevada pale Ale cost 5.4USD here.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
$5.40 USD for a Sierra Nevada is about what it cost at the bars here too.

I'd like to get into home brewing sometime.

slemmo

Well-Known Fanatic
That's store price, double it to get what it costs at the bars. This is basically why I never go out to drink.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
slemmo said:
That's store price, double it to get what it costs at the bars. This is basically why I never go out to drink.
Shiiiiit...I plan on taking a vacation over there next year or the year after, remind me to bring my own beer. I do want to try akvavit though.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
technetium-99m said:
If you have pasteurized apple juice, sugar, and Lavlin EC-1118 I can show you all the drunkenness you need.
freshmen used to make something they called "apple jack" with that.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
aeropb said:
Upon completion of my workout this evening, I purchased a CAMO SILVER ICE at the little Korean liquor store next to 7/11. The giant glass bottle, the xxXxx label, and the 9.0% ALC/VOL advertisement really drew me to it over the competition.

Right away I can tell this stuff is potent.

It smells clean at freezing temperatures. Smells turrible at warmer temperatures as it heats up. Gross even. Starts to give you the hard neck snap twist at the end of the bottle.

Started off frosty cold and I can't really complain through the 1st quarter. Kind of like an exciting football game on TV in the sense that it costs me virtually nothing, and I get some rest and relaxation/snooze on the couch while watching.

1/2 way through I feel a slight buzz that creeps its way as I continue on into a real buzz.

3/4's of the way through its getting difficult to type on the keyboard/text, and I had to take a leak in the back yard while getting some fresh air and having a smoke of the finest.

1/4 left and I want to give up. It hurts to continue, but I have a good relationship with pain. It's time to listen to some Nine in Nails.

Mission complete. I feel drunk and the Los Angeles Clippers are playing the Miami Heat, which happen to be the two best teams in the league. I never thought I would hear such statement in my lifetime. The Clippers have always been turrible but the Heat at least got LeBron James, who might tie Kobe for 2nd best ever.

Since this thread got revived, I decide to go back through some of the quality posts and found this gem from the "other Gibson"

My favorite part is that young William doesn't acknowledge that 3/4 way through and 1/4 left are the same amount. Classic Gibson

If I gave POTD back in 2013, this would have received it.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Burk Cornelius said:
Since this thread got revived, I decide to go back through some of the quality posts and found this gem from the "other Gibson"

My favorite part is that young William doesn't acknowledge that 3/4 way through and 1/4 left are the same amount. Classic Gibson

If I gave POTD back in 2013, this would have received it.
In his defense, he did say that he was already getting buzzed.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Old Granddad, Early Times, and Evan Williams are my favorite value bourbons (or almost-bourbons, in Early Times' case).

I recently discovered that I like rye whiskeys.

Latest posts