Let's talk about malt liquor

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
I like this thread minus the part about vegan hipster girls. Very cheap alcoholic beverages do have their place in this world. I've had a few, but they don't often bring back good memories.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I have been fed some surprisingly good vegan food. You would be AMAZED at how meat-like wheat gluten can be if it's made right. I'm not sure what's in vegan cheese but it makes decent nachos so I don't ask too many questions.

That said, conversations like this are increasingly common:
C8Ddvl.png

In malt liquor related news, Mickey's is surprisingly good.

dennishoddy

LOL on the burger king. It sure smells good when I drive by them.
I just don't do processed food very much.
Prefer to drag mine out of the woods, butcher it myself, and eat. :D

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I got a bottle of OE 800 when I was home for Thanksgiving. It was pretty good stuff. Like Colt 45 but not as skunky.

Also my dad got me this awesome flask a while ago and I finally got around to filling it with some Early Times. If you're looking for a bargain-bin Kentucky whiskey it's not bad stuff at all. I'd have to do a side-by-side taste test with Evan Williams to see which I like better.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Here is a song in which Colt 45 figures heavily:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy_bo5j02-s[/video]

Not really, but they say Colt 45 during the chorus.

hoorayebay

Active Fanatic
Im a fan of malt liquor too! I love the look I get when I go up to 7-11 and buy a 40oz Old English. Lost Lake and Camo are pretty good too. They'll give you goosebumps.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
It's always nice to meet a fellow malt liquor enthusiast.

So there I am at the annual TU Engineering & Natural Sciences College Homecoming Chili Cookoff. I am manning our team's table with a ridiculous hangover because I drank a Camo 40 and then a bunch of other stuff preparing the Chili the night before. At some point I poured some Camo 40 into the Chili to improve the consistency, and so it was listed on the ingredient list. A lady, bless her heart, asked me what that was.

Me: "It's a beer."
Her: "Oh, I've never heard of it. Is it a local microbrew?"
Me: "...no"
Her: "Well I wonder why I've never heard of it."
Me: "It's, uh, inexpensive and comes in large bottles."
Her: "So it's more of a wine?"
Me: "It's malt liquor."

She backed away slowly.

Last night I drank an OE HG 800 to celebrate graduating. It was good.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
I just wanted to update you all to let you know that Schlitz Blue Bull is available at Harvard Liquor in 12oz cans for those times when you want malt liquor but you don't want to get totally hammered.

Of course I drank several cans so getting buzzed is still an option.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
This thread rules. Tonight I had a Mustang brewery beer and it was wheaty and light and refreshing tasting. I think it'd be perfect after mowing the lawn. Then I had some Blackheart rum which is not bad and still only cost me $25 for a half gallon.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
UPDATE: My new favorite cheap beer is Genessee, which you can buy in little Red Stripe-esque bottles. However, I've been drinking gin and tonics a lot recently.

I'm giving the malt liquor a rest for now. When classes/prelims/dissertation pick up I'll probably want to knock back a 40 or two on a Saturday night but for right now a gin and tonic on my porch is about where I'm at.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
Upon completion of my workout this evening, I purchased a CAMO SILVER ICE at the little Korean liquor store next to 7/11. The giant glass bottle, the xxXxx label, and the 9.0% ALC/VOL advertisement really drew me to it over the competition.

Right away I can tell this stuff is potent.

It smells clean at freezing temperatures. Smells turrible at warmer temperatures as it heats up. Gross even. Starts to give you the hard neck snap twist at the end of the bottle.

Started off frosty cold and I can't really complain through the 1st quarter. Kind of like an exciting football game on TV in the sense that it costs me virtually nothing, and I get some rest and relaxation/snooze on the couch while watching.

1/2 way through I feel a slight buzz that creeps its way as I continue on into a real buzz.

3/4's of the way through its getting difficult to type on the keyboard/text, and I had to take a leak in the back yard while getting some fresh air and having a smoke of the finest.

1/4 left and I want to give up. It hurts to continue, but I have a good relationship with pain. It's time to listen to some Nine in Nails.

Mission complete. I feel drunk and the Los Angeles Clippers are playing the Miami Heat, which happen to be the two best teams in the league. I never thought I would hear such statement in my lifetime. The Clippers have always been turrible but the Heat at least got LeBron James, who might tie Kobe for 2nd best ever.

aeropb

Well-Known Fanatic
I watch Inside The NBA frequently because my two favorite players, Charles Barkley and Shaq are on it. Sometimes I see Chris Webber, a great player who I really liked on there.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
aeropb said:
Upon completion of my workout this evening, I purchased a CAMO SILVER ICE at the little Korean liquor store next to 7/11. The giant glass bottle, the xxXxx label, and the 9.0% ALC/VOL advertisement really drew me to it over the competition.

Right away I can tell this stuff is potent.

It smells clean at freezing temperatures. Smells turrible at warmer temperatures as it heats up. Gross even. Starts to give you the hard neck snap twist at the end of the bottle.

Started off frosty cold and I can't really complain through the 1st quarter. Kind of like an exciting football game on TV in the sense that it costs me virtually nothing, and I get some rest and relaxation/snooze on the couch while watching.

1/2 way through I feel a slight buzz that creeps its way as I continue on into a real buzz.

3/4's of the way through its getting difficult to type on the keyboard/text, and I had to take a leak in the back yard while getting some fresh air and having a smoke of the finest.

1/4 left and I want to give up. It hurts to continue, but I have a good relationship with pain. It's time to listen to some Nine in Nails.

Mission complete. I feel drunk and the Los Angeles Clippers are playing the Miami Heat, which happen to be the two best teams in the league. I never thought I would hear such statement in my lifetime. The Clippers have always been turrible but the Heat at least got LeBron James, who might tie Kobe for 2nd best ever.
I am poopgiggle and I approve this message

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
dr poopgiggle said:
I have been avoiding Mickey's because I always thought it was like the Xyience of malt liquors. I might give it a try at some point.
mickey's is pretty good yo