Less than $1000 out of the box with best trigger

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Ruger
S&W
Locate an STI Trogan My pick here top one right
side Shoots as well and trigger is same as Wilson in your price range used.
31911.jpg

Last edited:

busykngt

Well-Known Fanatic
I have a Remington (Loaded) R1 - less than a Grand<[emoji385]. Great shooter.

S&W have external extractors. I've got one of them too. There are other good choices less than a grand. I think you'll find 1911 triggers generally have a smoother feel than most 'stock' striker fired pistols. I'm guessing a lot of competent gunsmiths charge less than a hundred bucks to do a "trigger job" on a 1911, anyway.

Last edited:

jrthe1

Fanatic
Good suggestions. Busykngt-Great comment. Have been looking at rail guns but then decided that since I had my nightstand G21 with night sights and Olight Pl-2 Valkyrie, I didn't need to go down that road. So far , high on my list is Dan Wesson Valor (Good luck finding one at a reasonable price and like new), Springfield Armory anywhere from Defender to Range Officer, Colt Competition, and RIA Rock Ultra. There seems to be a shortage of inventory?
Thanks.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
Could be location prohibited for most but the new Scheels store in Texas would be a place to look at about all mentioned here at one time and more up to the $1000 plus ones also used 1911's. Darn sure not a shortage there of anything nor limits on quanity.
330000 sq ft and 2 floors of that! Pallets of ammo for sale in popular sizes.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
I have noticed if someone really wants a 1911 or ammo now it is there for those who really look for it, as mentioned Scheels had pallets of brass 9mm under $9 a box where so many others are out of stock. Also at Academy on truck days when they open had it limit 5 boxes of any size every week. On a 1911 pistol once you get over a certain price there does not seem to be much outages, one could go to Scheels here buy one and shoot this afternoon on the way home. Just depends if your really serious, also Scheels is about the best priced retail store on loading components around now and in stock. I feel with the huge increase now in component sales the specials of free hazmat are over for a very long time if not forever with the election year included, most waited to long there to order and now pay the price. or do without.

Last edited:

jrthe1

Fanatic
So after extensive reading in multiple forums, googling like a mad man, and deciding on what my needs are and what really turns me on, I stumbled across a super deal at Cabellas of all places. I will soon be the owner of a brand spankin new 5" Springfield Armory Range Officer Elite Target chambered in 45ACP! The deal was only there for a couple of days and inventory was limited. $1048 MSRP. Snagged it for $699. Comes with 4 mags, a range bag, a cheap holster, and a mag holder. Not only that, I had some gift cards I never used and no FFL transfer fees at Cabellas. Net, net $680.17.
"Every detail of the full-sized RO® Elite Target is engineered for accuracy. Forged steel match grade frame and slide are precision-fit for fluid-smooth function, armored with a self-lubricating Black-T® finish that shrugs off corrosion and extremes. The 5-inch stainless steel, match grade barrel, fully adjustable rear target sight, fiber optic front sight, and smooth Gen 2 trigger ensure target-drilling performance. GI recoil system, custom thin-line G-10 grips and ambidextrous safety complete a form with the fit, feel and balance to dominate the range." Can't wait.

Attachments

• SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-1.jpg
    SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-1.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 13
  • SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-2.jpg
    SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-2.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 15
  • SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-3.jpg
    SpringfieldArmory-RO-Elite-Target-3.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 13

esmith1721

Fanatic
Hi there. Newbie here. Have Glocks and Rugers. Exploring 1911 and might be getting hooked already. Reading a lot. Read "If you were buying your first 1911 " several times. Seeking advice on $1000 or less guns out of the box with the best triggers. Thanks.
The
Hi there. Newbie here. Have Glocks and Rugers. Exploring 1911 and might be getting hooked already. Reading a lot. Read "If you were buying your first 1911 " several times. Seeking advice on $1000 or less guns out of the box with the best triggers. Thanks.

Your best gun for under $1000. Would be the Desert Eagle 1911G. It's got all the goodies and IMO is the most accurate and easiest to shot well.

taz4712

Well-Known Fanatic
I have noticed if someone really wants a 1911 or ammo now it is there for those who really look for it, as mentioned Scheels had pallets of brass 9mm under $9 a box where so many others are out of stock. Also at Academy on truck days when they open had it limit 5 boxes of any size every week. On a 1911 pistol once you get over a certain price there does not seem to be much outages, one could go to Scheels here buy one and shoot this afternoon on the way home. Just depends if your really serious, also Scheels is about the best priced retail store on loading components around now and in stock. I feel with the huge increase now in component sales the specials of free hazmat are over for a very long time if not forever with the election year included, most waited to long there to order and now pay the price. or do without.
Do they sell on line. I've never heard of them, but I am a Damn Yankee anyway. If you have their email would appreciate it greatly. Thanks.

Snowman45

Fanatic
I'll have to agree with those who said the Springfield Range Officer. Springfield has a new model, but the name escapes me at the moment. Might be the Ronin. Around $700-$800 if I remember correctly. I've had Colts, Kimber, Sigs and others. All I currently have are Springfields.