LaRue Tactical Dillo Dust

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Thankfully, the Dillo Dust was better than the rifle. My OBR 556 is one of the worst purchases I've ever made.
Monadh:
I'm a little surprised to hear that you had problems with LaRue's. This is the first time I have heard of anybody complaining, What happen? couple guys had a problem, but LaRue was on it like a duck on a june bug. I had a shipping problem and ended up talking to Mark himself and I tell you it was fixed and fixed right then and there. I put LaRue up there with Wilson Combat if it doesn't work right you will not see it until it does and when you get it back it will work! What happen?

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
Monadh:
I'm a little surprised to hear that you had problems with LaRue's. This is the first time I have heard of anybody complaining, What happen? couple guys had a problem, but LaRue was on it like a duck on a june bug. I had a shipping problem and ended up talking to Mark himself and I tell you it was fixed and fixed right then and there. I put LaRue up there with Wilson Combat if it doesn't work right you will not see it until it does and when you get it back it will work! What happen?

As it was delivered, the rifle had a gap between the upper and lower wide enough to slip a credit card through, along with a similar gap between the upper and the part of the lower where the buffer tube is. That was poor build quality that I had never seen in a Bushmaster. The rifle would not reliably feed Hornady Match Ammo using the magazines provided by LaRue. Every magazine would have 2-3 failure to feed. I contacted LaRue to talk about the issues, and they did not seem to think the gaps were a big deal. They told me to keep shooting the rifle and it would eventually start feeding reliably. I had by that point fired approximately 200 rounds and asked them to fix it. They finally agreed but refused to pick up the shipping. To and from was roughly $90. When the rifle came back, it had a different upper, and they said that it had fired reliably for them. The gaps were gone and I was excited to take it to the range. Once again, 2-3 failures every magazine regardless of which magazine or ammo I used. I called them again to report the failure to feed issues were still occurring, and one of Mark minion's (I can remember his name) said "we can send you an extractor, but if that does not work, I don't know what to tell you." The extractor made no difference. I sold the rifle at a loss. I replace it with a few Armalites which not only proved more reliable, the groups they could shoot edged out the OBR.

I would not buy a LaRue for any price, because my experience with their product and their support is the worst I have ever had with any gun maker. Their people had an arrogant tone on the phone and a clear unwillingness to make it right. If you mentioned issues with your rifle on the AR15 forum, the Laruemenati would get their panties in a wad and start defending their boutique brand of choice, after which they would go into the fanbois bathroom to see if any hairs were out of place on their tactical beards.

I realize that others have had a better experience with LaRue, and I say good for them. I would not go back to get another subpar performance for any reason. I am not rich enough to gamble.

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
As it was delivered, the rifle had a gap between the upper and lower wide enough to slip a credit card through, along with a similar gap between the upper and the part of the lower where the buffer tube is. That was poor build quality that I had never seen in a Bushmaster. The rifle would not reliably feed Hornady Match Ammo using the magazines provided by LaRue. Every magazine would have 2-3 failure to feed. I contacted LaRue to talk about the issues, and they did not seem to think the gaps were a big deal. They told me to keep shooting the rifle and it would eventually start feeding reliably. I had by that point fired approximately 200 rounds and asked them to fix it. They finally agreed but refused to pick up the shipping. To and from was roughly $90. When the rifle came back, it had a different upper, and they said that it had fired reliably for them. The gaps were gone and I was excited to take it to the range. Once again, 2-3 failures every magazine regardless of which magazine or ammo I used. I called them again to report the failure to feed issues were still occurring, and one of Mark minion's (I can remember his name) said "we can send you an extractor, but if that does not work, I don't know what to tell you." The extractor made no difference. I sold the rifle at a loss. I replace it with a few Armalites which not only proved more reliable, the groups they could shoot edged out the OBR.

I would not buy a LaRue for any price, because my experience with their product and their support is the worst I have ever had with any gun maker. Their people had an arrogant tone on the phone and a clear unwillingness to make it right. If you mentioned issues with your rifle on the AR15 forum, the Laruemenati would get their panties in a wad and start defending their boutique brand of choice, after which they would go into the fanbois bathroom to see if any hairs were out of place on their tactical beards.

I realize that others have had a better experience with LaRue, and I say good for them. I would not go back to get another subpar performance for any reason. I am not rich enough to gamble.
Sorry to hear about the problems, like I said I think you are the first that I have heard that had a problem that was not fixed. Every manufacture has a horror story somewhere, I guess.

I had a same problem with ASC mags. And to this day, I would not use an ASC magazine if they were the last magazines in the world. Problem was fixed by going to CPD magazines.

1638792659449.gif

Monadh

Well-Known Fanatic
I wanted to add a little more. The experience with LaRue soured me on buying expensive weapons of any kind for 7 years, and then I ordered a custom Dan Wesson Silverback and it was great. I then bought a Les Baer, and it was OK, but what convinced me that you can buy a premium weapon and get a high quality weapon and GREAT customer support was my Guncrafter Hellcat. It was worth every penny, and when I did have a slight issue, they took care of me. Since then I bought an ACW Prime Elite, and frankly, it is the 1911 I have been looking for all of my life.

As far as AR15s go, I stayed mid tier (non boutique) with Armalite and Colt, and I was very happy with the performance and accuracy. None of them ever missed a beat. Then a year or so ago I bought a LWRC DI MLOK because the price was great, and when I got it, I was blown away by the quality of build. I immediately got wary of how it would perform, and when I took it to the range, it was amazing.

0GwfImOh.jpg

I got on the paper plate with the two outer shots and then shot the 9/16 inch group at 100 yards. No malfunctions yet.

Latest posts