Is Guns.com Legit? Has anyone used them?

Kokopelli

Fanatic
I've not bought from guns.com, I don't think. I have bought from the following and would suggest looking to one of them for a safe purchase. I have experience with others, but would have to check my orders. My memory is old!

grabagun, kygunco, buds, smga, migunslinger, wilson, les baer, smkw, prepper, omaha outdoors, able ammo, cz customs, hinterland outfitters, classic firearms, palmetto, ctd, rk guns, de guns, tombstone, az guns, impact guns, Wichita Gun Club, guns and gear, J&G, vance outdoors, Kittery trading,

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
Fanatic Family
I've always bought from a local gun store for my actual purchase, although I'm not opposed to buying online - the last Glock I picked up was on Gun Broker, but we lived 10 minutes from each other and still went to the LGS to complete the transaction.

I would trust Bud's, or guns.com. I kind of feel they are like the Carvana of guns, if that makes sense.
grabagun, kygunco, buds, smga, migunslinger, wilson, les baer, smkw, prepper, omaha outdoors, able ammo, cz customs, hinterland outfitters, classic firearms, palmetto, ctd, rk guns, de guns, tombstone, az guns, impact guns, Wichita Gun Club, guns and gear, J&G, vance outdoors, Kittery trading,
No doubt you have a mighty fine collection, for sure! :)

Tommy Two Guns

Fanatic
I'm trying to avoid any scams or giving out any personal information that I absolutely have to when I'm purchasing my first 1911.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first 1911 (super excited!) and stumbled upon guns.com for this big purchase. The prices look good, even with shipping costs, but I'm a bit cautious since it's my first time buying a gun online.

My local gun shop is cool with accepting transfers from legit online sellers, but they've left it up to me to make sure I choose a reputable one. So, I thought, who better to ask than you guys, right?

I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experiences or any advice on dealing with guns.com:

• How did your purchase go? Smooth sailing or some hiccups along the way?
  • Ever needed to contact their customer service? Are they quick to respond and actually helpful? I plan to test this myself today by calling them
  • Any heads-up? I read that guns.com hasn't always been about selling guns online. Does anyone know more about their journey into e-commerce?
Your stories, tips, or any heads-up would be super helpful. I just want to make sure I'm making the right call here and avoid any potential scams or issues.

Thanks a ton in advance for sharing your wisdom! Can't wait to join the 1911 club.
I just bought a 1911 through Guns.com and everything went smoothly. Gun was delivered to the FFL in a week. But I didn't get any follow up emails saying order had been accepted, item had shipped, etc. I had to check the website for updates/status. Didn't engage with CS. Overall I was satisfied.

PaperSniper10x

Fanatic
I'm trying to avoid any scams or giving out any personal information that I absolutely have to when I'm purchasing my first 1911.

I'm about to take the plunge and buy my first 1911 (super excited!) and stumbled upon guns.com for this big purchase. The prices look good, even with shipping costs, but I'm a bit cautious since it's my first time buying a gun online.

My local gun shop is cool with accepting transfers from legit online sellers, but they've left it up to me to make sure I choose a reputable one. So, I thought, who better to ask than you guys, right?

I'd really appreciate it if you could share your experiences or any advice on dealing with guns.com:

• How did your purchase go? Smooth sailing or some hiccups along the way?
  • Ever needed to contact their customer service? Are they quick to respond and actually helpful? I plan to test this myself today by calling them
  • Any heads-up? I read that guns.com hasn't always been about selling guns online. Does anyone know more about their journey into e-commerce?
Your stories, tips, or any heads-up would be super helpful. I just want to make sure I'm making the right call here and avoid any potential scams or issues.

Thanks a ton in advance for sharing your wisdom! Can't wait to join the 1911 club.
The Good: their another source of which there are many to find almost any Firearms that's hard to find, or come by, because of the network of dealers that sign up with them. So, selection . Speaking with customer service was very polite,but almost zero service,as a buyer which I will explain in a second.
When you going on there website they most always have a fiture to make an offer on a item.
THE BAD: ON AVERAGE THEY ARE generally OVER priced .
It used to be that most distributor/ dealers priced guns at or below retail value.
Now I'm seeing more dealers float above retail price on new guns, & above book value on used Guns. Guns.com takes full advantage of this, & comports themselves in this manner which is totally their right to do.
Which is why I can count on one hand how many transactions I've made with them since their inception.
There just too many other dealers out there not gouging.
THE UGLY: THEY are very transparent in letting you know in their mission statement that they are a Gun dealer centric buissness.
Dealers are their Number One Priority & it shows!
Not Necessarily the Customer.
If you are new to their website it Is extremely unuser friendly.
Their website is very limited in how you can navigate in it. This is why you can't shop directly on their site, your forced to go to guns international or guns don't com which is mind numbing .
What middle man ads another middle man to drive up overhead cost,
only to pass that cost on to the consumer.
Bottom line: It's Legit. You will get what you paid for, But it's my Very Very Last Resort.
My advice, be patient keep looking as long as possible, before you pull that keyboard trigger.
I hope this helps.

In the form of hidden fees at the end

Last edited:

terdog

Well-Known Fanatic
Why you wouldn't use multiple services to check for the same firearm is beyond me. My list includes Wiki arms, GunBroker and gun zone. I check all those when looking for a certain model.

It's somewhat strange to say, but in the last 10 years I have spent almost $25,000 on gunbroker. I don't still have all those guns though, but I did spend that much. LOL
they were all good deals otherwise I would not have bought them.

davek

Active Fanatic
I bought a shotgun via guns.com. No issues at all, would do it again. I agree that prices are generally high, but eery now and then a really good deal turns up

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Some of the big name Youtubers promote them, I haven't used them but I would if something they had caught my eye, I've used King's Firearms, D4 Guns, Dury's, Shoot Straight, Grab a Gun plus few other, got bit by a low transaction seller on some primers and currently goin on UPS lost a Glock 22 Gen 5 police trade in I bought from Kings, Kings has filed a claim on my behalf. If I buy something on Gunbroker anymore they have to have lot of positive transactions, and are an FFL

Latest posts