How to Know You are Getting Older....

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
So, I go to a buddy's house, we go shooting, come home, open a beer and sit by the pool. A bit of talk about holsters and such, then we start talking about the best pain relieving creams... And I catch myself... Damn, I need to get an ice pack like that.

:(

Beats the alternative I guess. :)

fatbaldguy

Well-Known Fanatic
My brother's hair succumbed to gravity. It moved from his head to his back.....:D
I recall my grandmother, a mean, bitter, dried up, prunish kind of woman that had been a schoolteacher for 50 years. I was dutifully visiting, doing chores around the house that other cousins would not or could not do, I wiped the sweat from my head with a kerchief. She remarked caustically, 'I noticed your forehead was getting kind of long'. Now I understand why my grandfather started his day with coffee and bourbon, and ended his day with bourbon and coffee.

ZoidMeister

Well-Known Fanatic
I recall my grandmother, a mean, bitter, dried up, prunish kind of woman that had been a schoolteacher for 50 years. I was dutifully visiting, doing chores around the house that other cousins would not or could not do, I wiped the sweat from my head with a kerchief. She remarked caustically, 'I noticed your forehead was getting kind of long'. Now I understand why my grandfather started his day with coffee and bourbon, and ended his day with bourbon and coffee.

Dunno, I would probably be the same if I spent half a century around OPK . . . other people's kids . . . .

boatdoc

Well-Known Fanatic
when you go into a room and cannot remember why--several times for the same thing=SOMEtimers--sometimes I remember ,some times I DON't

when all your mail and email is for braces for your limbs,diapers, ED meds...

when you ache from your head to your toes...

awp101

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got more grey in my beard than my actual hair color. Getting my haircut yesterday, the guy who's been cutting it for the past ~10 years looks at the top of my head and asks how old I am. Thinking he was looking at my rapidly thinning crown I said "46, why?"

"You have grey up here"

"Well, it'll finally start matching my beard then.":D

I'm just happy to have enough hair to go grey...

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I've got more grey in my beard than my actual hair color. Getting my haircut yesterday, the guy who's been cutting it for the past ~10 years looks at the top of my head and asks how old I am. Thinking he was looking at my rapidly thinning crown I said "46, why?"

"You have grey up here"

"Well, it'll finally start matching my beard then.":D

I'm just happy to have enough hair to go grey...
Better for it to turn grey, than turn loose.

Latest posts