Heartland Price Gouging

motoxman316

Active Fanatic
go to sportsmansguide.com . they are backordering at regular prices. thermold 10 pack 68 i belive, ordered more from them.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
I don't own a retail business, but if I did and a situation arose like this and the manufacturer of an item or two raised their prices by 400%, I would consider not selling this item or any item from this manufacturer in my store and make space for something else that sells.
That's the thing Troy, the Manuf. and Distr. aren't, just the retailers.......for now. But how long will that last?
If the distr, see the retailers cleaning up, sooner or later they're going to want they're cut......then back to the manuf.
Then the true cost of a pmag WILL be 5x what it should be.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
to correct what I meant...

As soon as the news broke a bunch of profiteers hit the web and retailers... bought up everything on the floor. Those guys are reaping the profits from the goofy people who "think they are gonna make some money"

If the truth was known... there will aways be a few people who squirrel away stuff like big mags and case lots of ammo... so they can make a few bucks down the road.

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
I've been squirreling away mags, ammo, and parts for several years now. I'm not selling any of it. Even if this panic passes, I doubt prices will stabilize to price levels before the sandy hook shooting. I see it as a good investment to buy what I can when I can afford it, not waiting until a panic hits and paying insane prices to dick heads price gouging. Dick heads. Noun. To be a dick. Used in a sentence: people who price gouge are dick heads. Lots of them right now. Heartland, h&h, pretty much everybody on M4Carbine.net, ar15.com, OSA, a bunch of online retailers. They won't be getting any of my money. But that's not likely to make a difference.

Jefpainthorse

Fill in the Blank
I've been squirreling away mags, ammo, and parts for several years now. I'm not selling any of it. Even if this panic passes, I doubt prices will stabilize to price levels before the sandy hook shooting. I see it as a good investment to buy what I can when I can afford it, not waiting until a panic hits and paying insane prices to dick heads price gouging. Dick heads. Noun. To be a dick. Used in a sentence: people who price gouge are dick heads. Lots of them right now. Heartland, h&h, pretty much everybody on M4Carbine.net, ar15.com, OSA, a bunch of online retailers. They won't be getting any of my money. But that's not likely to make a difference.

I am with you... a box or two here and there over the years... you end up with enough if you need it. In a week- when it all goes like it did... and this week we see the $100 P mag and $800 lower it's kinda hard not to grin and puke at the same time. I don't feel bad at all for the knee jerk jerks who are paying blood money prices for this stuff.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
If the truth was known... there will aways be a few people who squirrel away stuff like big mags and case lots of ammo... so they can make a few bucks down the road.

Those would be the retailers who were caught flat footed last time and couldn't get any ARs/mags/ammo from the distributors to put on their shelves. How easy was it to buy .380 in 2008? H&H would sell you ONE box, but you had to buy a .380 gun from them first.

The ones left with empty shelves last time decided to buy stock when it was available so they wouldn't have a repeat of '08

But who could've predicted the breadth and scope of this time?

HO is pretty much out of 9mm guns, having sold 3.5 months of revenue in one week. But if the shelves are still bare in 3 months, the bills still need to be paid.

This feeding frenzy will eventually pass, but it'll never be like it was.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
They appointed a commission. That's what politicians do when they want to kick the can down the road and shove responsibility onto someone else. It was appointed right away as a HEY LOOK WE'RE HELPING, which buys them time to let the heat die down.

There are a lot of legislators who know that gun control laws will hurt them in the next election, but that coming out against them right now would set them up to be made to look like baby killers on cable news. If new laws show up in Congress right away, those legislators will probably be very upset at the position that puts them in and other legislation (like the budget) will be even more difficult to pass than it already is. "The commission is deliberating" is a great excuse to avoid talking about specifics in order to not have to pin anything on anyone until then.

I'm a pretty casual observer, but I feel like there will be a lot of backroom negotiating in the near future, and the commission will recommend whatever they think they can whip enough votes together to pass.

I can only hope that all the hoarders' wives will see credit card statements by then, so they're forced to dump everything onto the market. THAT'S when you stock up on PMAGs.

Poop I gotta agree with DavidE on this one. I too was around in '94. Hell I even watched one of the House votes on live CSPAN. When the vote started it was the neys having it for quite awhile. Then the yeas slowly caught up and ended up a tie. Then that DICKHEAD Al Gore cast the tie breaking vote and after a little back and forth with the Senate the rest was history.

This time around my impression is the same as David's. There is a lot more emotion in this go-round and some of that emotion is coming from Congressmen/women. I don't recall that at anytime on any issue such as we have now, and I've been a political junkie for near 25 years. I would also add that this one is different in a different way. If you will look it up there was an election in 1994. They passed that "crime bill" very close to an election which is not the case this time. In my mind that makes this commission especially dangerous. Nearly 2 years will go by before we can clean house again. By that time, it will be out of the news cycle and long since gone from everyone's minds but those like us. When Congress doesn't get another purging do you think they will risk expanding it further?

Also this "commission" isn't like the normal ones that issue a report after their study. It's being headed up by the same asshat that largely wrote that little piece in '94. And I personally think that this commission is just going skip the "study" portion of the task and go straight to strategizing the what/how they are going to ram it through. I suspect it will include one repub so that they proclaim it "bypartisan", who will be promptly told when they go behind closed doors, to shut the hell up. If they do try to have input they will be ignored. Once they are done they will get it ready for a vote as fast as possible. It will be just like Pelosi saying "we have to pass it, so that we can see what's in it".

I pray that I am wrong on all of this, but I don't think I am. The dems in DC today are just the sort of scum that starts this **** before the blood of those children had even started to congeal. They will stop at nothing.

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
I heard that Biden said on one of the Sunday morning news shows that they're even considering capping mag capacity at FIVE rounds.

Anyone else hear that?

David E

Well-Known Fanatic
Even if he said it, and it wouldn't surprise me, it's to make him look like a prince when he "compromiises" at 10 rds.

The bigger point is, any new ban won't look much like the old one as so many people are predicting.

poopgiggle

B Class Nobody
Poop I gotta agree with DavidE on this one. I too was around in '94. Hell I even watched one of the House votes on live CSPAN. When the vote started it was the neys having it for quite awhile. Then the yeas slowly caught up and ended up a tie. Then that DICKHEAD Al Gore cast the tie breaking vote and after a little back and forth with the Senate the rest was history.

This time around my impression is the same as David's. There is a lot more emotion in this go-round and some of that emotion is coming from Congressmen/women. I don't recall that at anytime on any issue such as we have now, and I've been a political junkie for near 25 years. I would also add that this one is different in a different way. If you will look it up there was an election in 1994. They passed that "crime bill" very close to an election which is not the case this time. In my mind that makes this commission especially dangerous. Nearly 2 years will go by before we can clean house again. By that time, it will be out of the news cycle and long since gone from everyone's minds but those like us. When Congress doesn't get another purging do you think they will risk expanding it further?

Also this "commission" isn't like the normal ones that issue a report after their study. It's being headed up by the same asshat that largely wrote that little piece in '94. And I personally think that this commission is just going skip the "study" portion of the task and go straight to strategizing the what/how they are going to ram it through. I suspect it will include one repub so that they proclaim it "bypartisan", who will be promptly told when they go behind closed doors, to shut the hell up. If they do try to have input they will be ignored. Once they are done they will get it ready for a vote as fast as possible. It will be just like Pelosi saying "we have to pass it, so that we can see what's in it".

I pray that I am wrong on all of this, but I don't think I am. The dems in DC today are just the sort of scum that starts this **** before the blood of those children had even started to congeal. They will stop at nothing.

I had a long post written out but I don't want to derail the thread anymore than I already have. We can take this to PMs if you want.

twofifty

Well-Known Fanatic
Marijuana is illegal at the federal level, and not in the Constitution, but the libs have said WA and CO can legalize it for recreational use and nothing will be done.

States need to do the same thing for firearms, backed by the Constitution, and tell dear leader thanks for the precedent.

taymoor

Skilled Lover
Marijuana is illegal at the federal level, and not in the Constitution, but the libs have said WA and CO can legalize it for recreational use and nothing will be done.

States need to do the same thing for firearms, backed by the Constitution, and tell dear leader thanks for the precedent.

I'd be rolling in money if I opened Oklahoma's first medicinal assault weapon dispensary.

Scott Hearn

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a long post written out but I don't want to derail the thread anymore than I already have. We can take this to PMs if you want.

Lets take it here:

http://www.boomershooter.com/forums/index.php?/topic/10446-the-2013-assault-weapons-ban-thread/

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Todd apologizes for having to raise some prices, but HIS prices have increased since the tragedy, also. If you want to discuss it with him, he welcomes your call. Further, if you have Pmags you'll sell for less than $50, he'd be interested in buying them from you.

A friend just call me asking if I wanted his 10 windowed PMAGS (new in wrapper) for $30 ea. He called HO & that's what they'd pay. I told him thanks but I'll pass & that he should just hang on to them & not partake in this madness. I think he may take them to HO, but I hope not..........I advised him strongly against it.

Latest posts