Glock stipple worth it?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
PeteMcGuire1881 said:
That's what I've read anyway. Gets hand higher toward the axis and allows better control.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't being a smart ass. I just see that talked about a lot and wondered. I never had any issues controlling the gun

posted via Tapatalk

PeteMcGuire1881

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
I wasn't being a smart ass. I just see that talked about a lot and wondered. I never had any issues controlling the gun

posted via Tapatalk
I know you weren't. My reply was more of talking it thru to make sense to myself. I've not had control troubles either but, I've never shot an undercut trigger guard so I don't know if it gives better control or not.

twss

Well-Known Fanatic
The little nook on the trigger guard is to small for my middle finger. An undercut makes it much more comfortable for me. That and removing the finger grooves.

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
I really like aggressive stippling on my competition guns. After shooting 2011s with Extreme Shooters' grips, I felt like something was missing on my Glock. So I got the ol' soldering iron out, ground a pointed profile on the tip, and got to work after removing the finger grooves and double undercutting the trigger guard.

Attachments

• IMG_0117.JPG
    IMG_0117.JPG
    144.6 KB · Views: 68

RigPig

Well-Known Fanatic
Burk Cornelius said:
posted via Tapatalk
I personally prefer it because I have large hands and my fingers are cramped up between the trigger guard and magwell on unmodified grips/frames.

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Burk Cornelius said:
Why do shooters undercut the trigger guard?

posted via Tapatalk
"Glock knuckle sucks. So I undercut and then removed finger groves, re shaped back strap angle and had to build beaver tail to fight slide bite. Silicon Carbine is my preferred grip on my 34.

c39799e4bfc712aaf9a1dd7e6172d33b.jpg

Wildcat

Well-Known Fanatic
Adam Balzer (ChargerArms) said:
"Glock knuckle sucks. So I undercut and then removed finger groves, re shaped back strap angle and had to build beaver tail to fight slide bite. Silicon Carbine is my preferred grip on my 34.

c39799e4bfc712aaf9a1dd7e6172d33b.jpg

That carbide looks good! I want to do something like that to one of my glocks now. I was going to stipple it but I kinda like the look of that and I wanted a really aggressive texture. What epoxy did you use and what grit carbide?

charger arms

Ask Me About My Cocker Spaniels
Matt Washburn said:
That carbide looks good! I want to do something like that to one of my glocks now. I was going to stipple it but I kinda like the look of that and I wanted a really aggressive texture. What epoxy did you use and what grit carbide?

J B Weld. Paste it on with a old credit card or similar flexible plastic. I set my jb tubes in hot water before I mixed them since I stored it in a cold garage. Masked off the areas I didn't want grit on (including the area where the magwell sits!) and then sprinkled grit all over it. I found that cupping my hand full of grit really worked to get it on the for and back strap area. Once the stuff has set for a little over an hour, remove the masking tape and dress any edges. I took the time to sand around the Glock logo on the grip and masked it before hand. Then, I completely forgot to mark it and the tape is still hidden under the grit.

EzGoingKev

Fanatic
Keep in mind what you use your pistol for when doing the grip.

A really aggressive grip on a competition only gun that will only be worn OWB isn't going to feel so great against the skin for IWB concealed carry.

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
EzGoingKev said:
Keep in mind what you use your pistol for when doing the grip.

A really aggressive grip on a competition only gun that will only be worn OWB isn't going to feel so great against the skin for IWB concealed carry.
Anyone with a well-developed grip doesn't use grip tape or stippling. Which is incredibly few people.

Wall

El Diablo
Staff member
Mitch Gibson said:
Anyone with a well-developed grip doesn't use grip tape or stippling. Which is incredibly few people.
I stipple my grip tape, then douse it with Pro-Grip

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
Mitch Gibson said:
Micah_Rowe said:
I just got dumber reading this
Whoa! Watch out everybody! We got pros coming through here. We got the I'm better than you pros coming through, make a path dipshits