Glock stipple worth it?

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
I want to improve the grip on my Glock 34. How much does a good stipple job really help with positive contact and control?

Most stipple jobs look like utter **** to me but I've seen examples of a couple of you master craftsmen here making good stuff. (Cyrwus, Rigsby ect)

There's always the skate board tape option, or Agrip, and I've had decent luck with Talon grips on smaller carry guns so far. My question is if stippling is worth the permanent modification?

drmitchgibson

The white Morgan Freeman
It feels good. I don't know that I ever got any benefit from it. If you leave it stock, you can squirrel your hand around to fix certain grip issues on the way up from a bad draw. Jerry Miculek says the same thing about revolver grips.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
I started with grip tape, change to stippling and like it much more. I also run prince tennis grip lotion in the summer months to keep the sweat off the hands. I wouldn't shoot without stippling on a plastic frame comp gun.

Matt1911

Cyrwus Jr.
First off, thank you, but I'm not in the same class as Cyrwus. That guy can work some magic on a plastic frame.

To me, the plastic frames always feel slick even with the factory checkering so I always stipple my own to give me a better purchase on the gun.
If you decide you want stippling, I would suggest you only get it where you need it. There's no need to go all the way up the frame to where it touches the slide, or high on the back strap to where it cuts into the Web of your hand.

You should ask to shoot some of your buddies guns after the next match to see if you like it for yourself.

Wild Bill1

Well-Known Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
I started with grip tape, change to stippling and like it much more. I also run prince tennis grip lotion in the summer months to keep the sweat off the hands. I wouldn't shoot without stippling on a plastic frame comp gun.
As gay as the lotion sounds it's the ticket, my golf coach in high school introduced it to us. As you know summer in Oklahoma is humid and the temps can get up there. This stuff is a must! You can snag it off of amazon for less than $10 get some and throw it in your bag.

ShaneP

Looks good to me
I had some local guy stipple my glock. Wasn't sure if I would like it or not. After I got it back, it made a huge difference! Gun does not move. I would highly recommend it. Like Mitch pointed out in a general way, the stippling keeps your hand in place so if you get a bad grip during the draw it takes a little more effort to adjust.

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
Might have to try some of this "lotion" stuff for those sweaty summer matches. If my wife asks what it is I'll tell her "Its, uh, special man lotion I use to shoot my gun...helps me hold it better"

I'll have to get my hands on a couple stipple jobs to see if I like it any better than grip tape. By the way, anyone use those fuzzy Agrips?

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
Another vote for stippling. Matt did my competition gun and my shotgun. Cyrwus did my carry gun (less aggressive). It makes a world of difference. However, as has been pointed out. your draw and initial grip should be pretty consistent because it is not as easy to make small adjustments after the draw.

Also, the Pro Grip is the tits. You can get it at any sporting goods store in the tennis section

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Burk Cornelius said:
Another vote for stippling. Matt did my competition gun and my shotgun. Cyrwus did my carry gun (less aggressive). It makes a world of difference. However, as has been pointed out. your draw and initial grip should be pretty consistent because it is not as easy to make small adjustments after the draw.

Also, the Pro Grip is the tits. You can get it at any sporting goods store in the tennis section
Pro Grip is for suckers. It is the same stuff as Prince tennis grip but cost 50-100% more guys its marketed to gun guys.

Burk Cornelius

Regular guy
I meant Prince. Academy has it

10249327.jpg

FortyMikeMike

Well-Known Fanatic
This is why I love boomershooter.

1. Newbie asks question.

2. Those with experience effectively answer question.

3. Banter ensues. I laugh way too loud in an otherwise silent office.

4. Insert taco reference here.

Fyrtwuck

Well-Known Fanatic
It's all about personal preference and what make you feel more comfortable and shoot better. I'm not a fan of tape cause it will make the grip larger. I had the grip on my Glock 21SF reduced slightly and stippling in certain areas. I didn't want the whole thing stippled, it didn't need it.

Latest posts