Fusion Firearms Fusion GI kit

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
Did you build your Reaction from a kit or buy it built?
Bought built. Now that I have it like I want it (different sights, thumb safety, sear spring tweaked, extractor, new grips, and mag well, it is my primary match blaster, and my new DW Valor is back up.

Plus, they don't make a kit for the Reaction (that I am aware of) that is slightly different from the GI.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
It's a good looking pistol!! What changes did you make?

I already have parts to use on my GI kit. A Colt wide spur hammer, small shelf safety and a USGI arched mainspring housing with lanyard loop.

I really like that Reaction!

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
As new...
fullsizeoutput_9c5.jpeg
Added Dawson 180 tall x 120w fiber front sight (taller than the one that comes on the Reaction), Ed Brown thumb safety, Wilson Bulletproof extractor (the factory one had to be re-tentioned after 200 rounds, so I upgraded for a mere $30), S&A magwell, and VZ Operator II grips. I should mention that the new S&A billet magwell was going to require a LOT of fitting, so I swapped an older cast S&A magwell out of another 1911 that was pretty much drop in.

fullsizeoutput_a36.jpeg

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I was going to install a small shelf thumb safety but I couldn't get it to function as smooth as the one that came with the kit.

145B1A16-A2DB-4BF8-9637-10F7BF8B1F72.jpeg

I'll keep working on it.

Last edited:

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I didn't take pics assembling the slide, not that many parts and went together easily. Only change that I made was swapped out the spring plug. The one with the kit was serrated (never seen that before) and I used a checkered one that I had.

7FDE99DF-4AE8-41A3-A9A8-4547F094A837.jpeg

Missed wiping off a little oil on the barrel bushing.
One thing about everything I have ever bought from Fusion, nothing will ever rust before delivery because they must use a quart of oil when they pack stuff up.

Slide to frame fit is snug. Same with barrel bushing. No play at all, didn't need a bushing wrench, I could turn it in place using my thumb but it was tight.

Last edited: