Fusion Firearms Fusion GI kit

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
New Fusion Gov't GI pictured at bottom with my other 1911s.

1C6A8B7C-CEE1-4E71-8188-2A55A85C6AE7.jpeg

Clockwise from top right;
Colt Series 80 Gov't
Colt Commander
Colt Series 80 Gov't
Fusion
Kimber Custom
Springfield Ultra Compact
Springfield MC Operator

All are .45ACP except for the 9mm Fusion.

Last edited:

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
I might be compelled to order another Reaction, but in 45 this time and as a kit. I don't mine swapping everything on the gun to get it like I want at this price point.

How does yours feel now that it's together? Mine was 4lb trigger out of the box, with good lock up and slide to frame fit. Aside from lots of sharp edges, which I corrected, it felt great.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
I don't know what the pull is but it doesn't feel heavy and is very crisp.

I am thinking about one of the Reaction kits in 10mm.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
fieldgrade, to answer your question, I am very happy with the quality of the kit. No sharp edges that shouldn't be. All of the parts fit perfectly. The only fitting I did was to the parts that I substituted for parts from the kit.

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
fieldgrade, to answer your question, I am very happy with the quality of the kit. No sharp edges that shouldn't be. All of the parts fit perfectly. The only fitting I did was to the parts that I substituted for parts from the kit.
The only sharp edges I felt compelled to stone into submission were the top grooves and edges of the extended slide stop on the Reaction, the thumb safety which I ultimately changed since I ride it and like somewhat different ergos, and the very bottom row of checkering on the front strap. Very pointy.

KS95B40

Well-Known Fanatic
fieldgrade, I have to admit after handling this pistol for a few days... I did round off the bottom outer edge of the thumb safety. It did start to feel kind of sharp after engaging the safety a few times. Clicking off is ok, but on kind of hurts my thumb after about the fifth time.
6D7FEB0B-F0D0-4BCF-9A24-ED68FE2496A3.jpeg 29A7E96B-52F8-41AE-8F69-90B2BBDB7736.jpeg 4C54308A-F6DD-423D-AB05-CB73D0CD6C55.jpeg

fieldgrade

Well-Known Fanatic
fieldgrade, I have to admit after handling this pistol for a few days... I did round off the bottom outer edge of the thumb safety. It did start to feel kind of sharp after engaging the safety a few times. Clicking off is ok, but on kind of hurts my thumb after about the fifth time.
View attachment 787 View attachment 788 View attachment 789
Sharp eges like that are pretty easy to dispatch. These aren't pageant winners, but the fit right out of the box to me is very good, and I can make better groups at 20 yards than with my new DW Valor. Not sure if that has to do with the Dawson fiber front site I put on the Fusion, or what.

Latest posts