Franchi Affinity as an alternative to Stoeger M3000 & M3K or Benelli M2

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
Anyone had issues with the shell retainer not retaining shells while loading or shooting? Extra shells will pop out onto the feed ramp and block loading or fly out during firing.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Fallout556 said:
Anyone had issues with the shell retainer not retaining shells while loading or shooting? Extra shells will pop out onto the feed ramp and block loading or fly out during firing.
As a matter of fact my gun does it too. I figured the shell catch needed to be tuned a little stiffer.

Chad King

Well-Known Fanatic
I think MOA might have messed with you guy's catch a little to much. I bent mine in like the tiniest possible amount I could wth my linesmen pliers and a vice, and mine works perfectly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Fallout556 said:
Who built your gun?

Spart

Active Fanatic
You can definitely go to far. I never modified my M2, it just kind of broke in after practicing forever.

For the Affinity, I bent it at first what I thought was just a little bit. It was too much, bending it back even slightly-er fixed it.

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
Sorry for the delay. Yeah it was MOA. Tom actually responded pretty quickly when I asked him. Trying to fix it now. I love that gun and it would be perfect if it weren't for that small issue

Operator_1

Active Fanatic
Had the same issue initially, like others have posted, bend the shell catch ever so slightly to inside of the receiver. Fixed my issue. Seems like once you find the sweet spot with it, things run great.

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
Got my Affinity running nice but forgot to install my match saver. Does anyone have a video, picture, template for installing a Match Saver for it?

The issue is with the the return spring on the Affinity is around the magazine tube intead of to the rear of the receiver in the stock. Im not sure where to drill into for the match saver.

Latest posts