Franchi Affinity as an alternative to Stoeger M3000 & M3K or Benelli M2

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Fallout556 said:
I'm looking at grabbing one right now. Are most parts interchangeable and do you think MOA Precision is the best company to do the work on it?
MOA is the only place I know of working on Stoeger or Franchi

Spart

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
MOA is the only place I know of working on Stoeger or Franchi
You mean besides me? Hah... actually I don't want to do this for a living so I take that back.

Seriously though, I don't know why any place that does M2 work wouldn't take one of these on. In the areas where it matters, it's so similar or identical to the M2 that it really shouldn't matter.

I suspect people will figure this out sooner or later.

jtischauser

Spart said:
You mean besides me? Hah... actually I don't want to do this for a living so I take that back.

Seriously though, I don't know why any place that does M2 work wouldn't take one of these on. In the areas where it matters, it's so similar or identical to the M2 that it really shouldn't matter.

I suspect people will figure this out sooner or later.
Reason most shops don't do all three guns is most shops are too small to handle one gun well.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
It will be fun to look at both the affinity and m3k side by side. Once Fallout comes up for the Nordic/Vortex I will get the chance.

jtischauser

JoeF said:
It will be fun to look at both the affinity and m3k side by side. Once Fallout comes up for the Nordic/Vortex I will get the chance.
I had all three guns side by side. The question in my head was why is the affinity so much nicer then a Stoeger yet so close to a Benelli for only $650.

JoeF

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, I kind of regret not picking up an Affinity... I bought the M3k on advise from TomH when he was going to be out of service because of his hip surgery for awhile. I had opened up my JMDoh myself and wanted the next stick to be done by a pro. He suggested picking up the M3K because the port was opened up "enough" to get me by till he was back up and running. Now that surgery is postponed, I could have gotten it in to him as Fallout is doing...

Jesse Tischauser said:
Reason most shops don't do all three guns is most shops are too small to handle one gun well.
reason I only do benellis and the occasional versamax is because 1) I only put my hard earned labor onto the best platform I think that is available and 2) these are the guns I shoot and use on a regular basis

jtischauser

mike cyrwus said:
reason I only do benellis and the occasional versamax is because 1) I only put my hard earned labor onto the best platform I think that is available and 2) these are the guns I shoot and use on a regular basis
And you're too small to do anymore then what you got so why **** with a gun that's not gonna bring in as much $?

Spart

Active Fanatic
Jesse Tischauser said:
And you're too small to do anymore then what you got so why **** with a gun that's not gonna bring in as much $?
As good a reason as any.

Or maybe a good reason to hire on an apprentice!

Fallout556

Well-Known Fanatic
Just picked up an Affinity and it's being shipped to MOA on monday. They're telling me it's a 4 week turnaround so just in time to miss the southwest regional :-/

Jesse Tischauser said:
my belief system isnt based on money, pottymouth.
but I do hope the affinitles turn out to be a valid option. The scientist in me just needs a higher sample size until I think its a valid option.

jtischauser

mike cyrwus said:
my belief system isnt based on money, pottymouth.
but I do hope the affinitles turn out to be a valid option. The scientist in me just needs a higher sample size until I think its a valid option.
Blah blah blah, But it will never be as lucerative as modifying the more expensive guns.

The Stoeger is pretty much validated at this point. Every newb I the game runs one now.

PS I didn't actually say anything I typed it do technically im a pottythumb.

Jesse Tischauser said:
Blah blah blah, But it will never be as lucerative as modifying the more expensive guns.
labor is labor. if anything, lesser quality guns need more work. More work= more $.

Barbarians Live

Active Fanatic
I put Benelli (and TTI Benelli lifter) parts in my Franchi Affinity and am waiting to get it back from the gunsmith (port opening). I bought the Affinity over a year ago and decided to make it a 3-Gun shotgun (vs. buying an M2 or B1301). I shoot a SxS coach gun or 1897 pump in SASS (shoot about four SASS matches a year). The Franchi feels like a Sci-Fi laser gun afterwards. Can only load two at a time in SASS.

Latest posts