Finally got my dream car! What’s yours?

Mike A1

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I will forever cherish those early years in the Motorcycle shops & used car dealers Repairing & driving some of the best cars & bikes ever made in 60s & 70s that is.
Thing's were sure different then weren't they? Funny though how time can gloss over the bad crap, and leave mostly fond memories. I wouldn't have changed them for the world.

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic
My first car was a beat up 1979 Dodge Aspen with a super six, this was in like '92. Had a painted over rust spot half the size of a 55 gal barrel lid. Sometimes you'd put it in drive and it would be in reverse. It had a spirit of it own. The memories we made in that car are what made it what it was, not necessarily the car itself.

dennishoddy

I wonder if the new electric muscle cars are going to come with a sound /playback feature,
so you can hear what a muscle car motor is supposed to sound like ? (even if it's a digital reproduction of the sound)
maybe put a vibration feature in the seat & steering wheel, so it have the real feel of a muscle car ?

Try to put some real sensations into the blandness of an electric motor driven vehicle.
I think some electrics already have simulated engine noises. Pedestrians were not hearing them or something and getting hit?
Found it: https://patents.google.com/patent/US20150199955A1/en

A system for providing a traditional driving experience in an electric vehicle can include: a computing system having one or more memory devices with traditional driving experience data of a fuel engine vehicle and computer executable instructions for performing a method for providing the traditional driving experience; one or more sensors to sense current driving and provide current driving data to the computing system; and an audio system to receive audio feedback data from the computing system in response to the current driving data and provide audio feedback that sounds like the fuel engine vehicle in the electric vehicle. In one aspect, the system can include a haptic feedback device configured to receive haptic feedback data from the computing system so that haptic feedback to simulate the fuel engine vehicle is provided to the electric vehicle, the haptic feedback data being part of the traditional driving experience data.

Also: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rs-fitted-device-make-FAKE-engine-noises.html

New electric cars must be fitted with a device to make FAKE engine noises because they are too quiet and are a danger to pedestrians

• Electric cars are being fitted with devices that makes a fake engine noise
  • New rules state models must come with an acoustic vehicle alert system
  • Noise is activated when car is reversing or travelling below 12.5 miles an hour
  • Drivers can switch off system if they deem it appropriate

Just like back in the day when you put a baseball card on the spokes with a cloths pin to make it noisy.

Latest posts