Finally got my dream car! What’s yours?

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
I've only owned 1 car I really liked, back in my So. Calif. days.. a '72 (?) Camaro, bought from a friend , & built by his neighbor..set up for slalom racing.
Built 302 w/ 4 speed, lowered w/ fat BFG T/A radials on Center line rims, made with the wheels offset to the outside,( to keep the tires under the fenders)
drove like a fast go cart..

I've only owned 1 car I really liked, back in my So. Calif. days.. a '72 (?) Camaro, bought from a friend , & built by his neighbor..set up for slalom racing.
Built 302 w/ 4 speed, lowered w/ fat BFG T/A radials on Center line rims, made with the wheels offset to the outside,( to keep the tires under the fenders)
drove like a fast go cart..

Incredible!

philmo11

Well-Known Fanatic

rmc51

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey Babbo:
Lets have an update on that great muscle car. How's it doing? Have you gotten a ticket let, "I couldn't help it" 1663165142680.gif
You have been pretty quiet lately. Maybe you have gotten two or three tickets. 1663165921651.gifI know I would have.

Zipper046

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic

joepistol

Well-Known Fanatic
I kept my 1st brand new car (purchased by me ) for 17 yrs.. a '71 Plymouth Duster. Went home to bring the cash I'd saved to buy a new
Vega GT ( remember those ? ) a salesman sold the white GT to someone else..guess he didn't believe me, when I said I was going home to get my $$$ and pay cash for it. Went down the street to a Plymouth dealer & bought my Duster , "Curious Yellow" with black stripes, had the 225 cu in 6 & 3 speed on the floor. I wanted a 340 , but I couldn't afford the iinsurance .at 18 y/o, with a driving record of getting 3 tickets before I got my driver's license.. :eek:

Gunflint1

Well-Known Fanatic
I kept my 1st brand new car (purchased by me ) for 17 yrs.. a '71 Plymouth Duster. Went home to bring the cash I'd saved to buy a new
Vega GT ( remember those ? ) a salesman sold the white GT to someone else..guess he didn't believe me, when I said I was going home to get my $$$ and pay cash for it. Went down the street to a Plymouth dealer & bought my Duster , "Curious Yellow" with black stripes, had the 225 cu in 6 & 3 speed on the floor. I wanted a 340 , but I couldn't afford the iinsurance .at 18 y/o, with a driving record of getting 3 tickets before I got my driver's license.. :eek:
Yes, I remember those days well. Back in 1968 Bought a new Mercury Cyclone Gt with a 428 CJ, 4 spd. off the showroom floor $3670.00. Only option it had was Power Brakes. Paid it off in three years despite the speeding tickets. Those were the days.

Whit

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Well after months of waiting once the order was placed early this year and about fourteen years of wanting one, I picked up my 2022 Dodge Challenger SRT Super Stock yesterday afternoon and have had a perma-grin ever since!! Only issue is no new firearms in my near future, well at least for a little while! I can only hold out so long!!

So what is your dream car??View attachment 27824View attachment 27825View attachment 27826View attachment 27827
dream Car, has to be an Aston Martin DB5.

Bob Lee

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes, I remember those days well. Back in 1968 Bought a new Mercury Cyclone Gt with a 428 CJ, 4 spd. off the showroom floor $3670.00. Only option it had was Power Brakes. Paid it off in three years despite the speeding tickets. Those were the days.
I got to SIT in a showroom new '70 Boss 302. Dream car then, now any vehicle I can get my old ass into, and drive it comfortably, is my dream machine. Man I miss those days.

Last edited:

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
If you ever get to Mineral Wells, Texas. A Mustang Museum with
30+ completely Restored 1969-1970 Boss Mustangs 302, 351, 429. Mach 1's. And a few GT Torino's, even a Mercury Cougar fact. 427 . Something to see, and all for sale.
I had a 69 Mach 1 351 Cleveland, 4 spd in high school! They were cheap in the mid 80s

Latest posts