Fall ShootzenFest! December 1st 2012

Frost

Well-Known Fanatic
I should be there around 8:00 if I remember how long the drive takes correctly
If you don't know me I am easy to recognize.
I'm the really tall old guy.

oceancoursecaddy

Active Fanatic
So it looks like I will be making it up there. xxl if its not to late for a shirt. I have plenty of "election signs" for targets that I will bring. Do we need to bring rakes or trash bags or anything else for cleaning up the range?

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
there are bins for, wood, metal and garbage. someone had a broom at the spring shoot and made it look pretty good before we left.

i hope the grass is cut but dont bring a mower.

i was told id get in trouble for cutting the grass even just around the benches where brass goes.

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
OK, got everything but the guns and ammo loaded. Looks like I am going to be there later than I expected as my father will get here around 6:30am and its a 150 minute drive according to Google Maps.

I will be there and I brought the bucket with spigot. So if someone has the water, we can wash up from this.

Who bought up all the .223 at Walmart in Goose Creek and Rivers Ave! All that was left was Federal at 27 bucks per 20 rounds. Maybe I can trade some trigger time for some Russian calibers. I got some non corrosive 7.62*39? Really want to get my Dad to fire a full auto for the first time in his life. He's hitting close to 70 now.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
I'm going to have to cancel. A family situation has come up that I can't delegate, so I'll see y'all in the spring.
Fordnut, could you pick-up my shirt. I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm really going to miss going. :(

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
Steve, thanks for the jars, they will be put to good use.
Clicker, I'll have the teen load one into the car right now.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again!

PS CLicker....YOU can be the one to keep refilling the jug, I think repeated lifting might impede my shoulders ability to handle recoil... :lol:

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
PCS, Clicker has again said i can use his 7.62x39 upper on my full auto.

i will also have 2-5.56 uppers, a 9mm upper and 2- 22 uppers.

i love to meet people that have never fired a machine gun.

sometimes regular people also.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
my neighbors dog barked at me all the way to my treestand yesterday.

do you want me to poke holes in the box?

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
It went great!

Some highlights for me:

"Breaking" Tigerstripe's first 5.56 upper by firing it before noon (per Clicker)
Shooting RotaryMike's K31 and then ejecting a casing into my forehead and drawing blood.
Fordnut's excellent grilling.
Shot Enjay's PS90, got her Calico to run without jamming on my mag! (btw Enjay, I think they have a magazine refresh kit on their online store)
Made Clicker shoot my VEPR.
Mag dumped a full auto HK91 with extended magazine, I think I would drive to Charleston if I only got to shoot this again.

Shot some of the "fordnut bunny fart" .44special Clicker loaded, those are always fun. Could barely tell the Raging bull actually had fired.
Full auto suppressed 300BLK!

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I enjoyed shooting EnJay's PS-90 - nifty little gun with zero recoil.
I have been bitten by the Garand bug pretty badly - thanks (Fordnut?) for that. :) At least I qualify to buy stuff from CMP.

Nice seeing PCShogun's collection - good to know there are other 'old rifle' fans out there, not just Nagant fanboys (and girls) :)

Getting a bunch of folks with the resources for a shoot like this together is a big deal - and I thank you all.

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
I had a great time, thanks everyone for their generosity and kindnesses.
Steve, it was great to see you and I'm sorry we didn't get to visit nearly as much as I'd hoped. My shoulders were really starting to bother me.
Mike, I really liked the K31, and thank you for the round. I enjoyed our conversation, thank you.
Paco, I appreciate your assistance with the Calico, I'll be checking into a new magazine or a rebuild kit soon. That VEPR was quite impressive. I think you should set up two targets, one in front for the projectile and one to the side for the brass.
Tigerstripe, the monster girl really appreciated your full auto and my back appreciated your help with the brass.

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe:
Nope, it's not her name but at times she sure earns it, just ask her brothers LOL

Mike:
Thanks for the link. I've been looking at info on cartridges and powders a lot lately, so it was quite interesting. Thank you!

Latest posts