Fall ShootzenFest! December 1st 2012

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Hello All!

The Fall ShootzenFest has been scheduled for Saturday, December 1st 2012 at Philson's Crossroads Rifle Range in the Sumter national forest.
We will bring a grill and dogs and soft drinks etc. If anyone wants to bring something to contribute please PM Pops and let em know by November 15 or so.

Disclaimer . . .
As always the National forest rifle ranges are public ranges and we're a group of citizens meeting at the range on a Saturday.We need to give the locals a chance at a lane. We are individually responsible for following all Range and Firearm Safety rules. We need to clean up our brass after ourselves like we would any other visit to the range and shoot at paper targets ( no car fenders or glass bottles etc. ).
We often see a lot of rare and interesting firearms at these outings and their owners are usually quite generous in letting others shoot their guns. If you want to shoot someone else's gun, as a courtesy it's good to bring new ammo to shoot.

Thanx!
:D

Pops

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I will have the charcoal grill, hot dogs, table, beans, asst. plates and plasticware.....

Wish we could find someone that could bring a full sized gas grill...Mine sure worked smooth last one...but, it is to big for me to make the trip with...

If we have noone that can bring one, I have the small charcoal one...
and it will travel....
And, as I said...I got the hot doga and buns covered...

Steve

Hey Pops!!

Do we need to register for this? I cant wait to go!! I am bringing some family too!!

Thanks!!

Samantha

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey girl...no registration...Just show up...

I can't wait to see you on the full auto Thompson.45....

Steve

God!! I want one of those so bad!! I have been looking for one ever since last year!!! I am planning on bringing a few new toys too!! :)

ramsey88

Well-Known Fanatic
Just went to philsons for the first time today with a fellow member here. Was hoping to go to my first shootzenfest this year but I just know I'm gonna have to work. :(

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
There's no registration. adn no cost.
The forum sponsors usually pay for the tshirts and food.
But other than that it's just show up and bring plenty of ammo!

We generally start around 9:AM and go until.

I look forward to seeing everyone there!

;)

Pops

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
redheadbombshell said:
God!! I want one of those so bad!! I have been looking for one ever since last year!!! I am planning on bringing a few new toys too!! :)
I know where you can get one and the price is right! And its all shinny and Pretty! How about a little Bling?

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
Yeah, we could do that, but I was sooo looking forward to staying in the best damn armed Motel in the state for at least one night.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
there are 3 motels on exit 52, where you get off to get to Philsons. we rented a room to use the pool for a party once. it was $50. well my wife says she doesnt think it was that much and she did the paying.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Is exit 52 the last exit before the exit to Pilson range??? We stopped at one of the exits there. There was a motel with a big seafood resturant...OMG....that resturant is GREAT...I could not finish the seafood platter they served me...

Steve

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
exit 52 is the exit to get to philsons, coming from the low country. Clinton exit.

the motel i was speaking of is to the left over the bridge then left passed Wendys. the others cost more.

to get to the range go right off the exit 52 to Barrelstave rd, bare right onto Barrelstave and go to the next intersection, turn right, about 200 yards range is on the left dirt road.

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
This is less than an hour from me. I have a holiday "mandatory-fun" event that evening, but I could probably shoot til lunch time and head home. I'll check with the boss lady at home.

There's a chance my 5.56 suppressor stamp will be in by then. :cool:

Latest posts