Fall ShootzenFest! December 1st 2012

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
anybody got an M1 or M2 carbine to bring?

i always thought they were cool. ill trade 5.56 in my full auto for 30 cal in your carbine.

and to Fordnut, did you find a grill?

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Like I said before...I have the little charcoal grill. It is just kind of hard to cook everything on the little grill. I can carry it, but, really need at least another small one to cook beans and such...

Steve

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
anybody got an M1 or M2 carbine to bring?

i always thought they were cool. ill trade 5.56 in my full auto for 30 cal in your carbine.

and to Fordnut, did you find a grill?
I can bring a M1 carbine. Be sure to give me a reminder closer to the date.

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
ive got a grill we can use. i bought a bottle (the 20 gal size) of propane and used it a couple of times. if you have a partial one you might bring it.

it has the side burner for the beans.

thanks Greg. i didnt know you had an M-1 carbine.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe said:
ive got a grill we can use. i bought a bottle (the 20 gal size) of propane and used it a couple of times. if you have a partial one you might bring it.

it has the side burner for the beans.

thanks Greg. i didnt know you had an M-1 carbine.
One or two. Any specific Manfacture ya wanta shoot :)

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
i dont know one from another except auto and semi.

bring the best. i shot a select fire once so id like to compare the fitness of it to a good one. i thought it was a little loose.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Tigerstripe: If you have a grill, that would be great....I can bring a bottle of gas. I have an almost new bottle full...

I will even bring some extra ammo for my Garand, just to let you shoot it awhile...

Steve

Tigerstripe

Well-Known Fanatic
you said 150 grain bullets? i have a few millitary 8 packs in cardboard i think were meant for a garrand but they are AP so thats 168 gr .

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
I have shot higher power than 150...but, that is what I was told is best...But, if that is what you got...shoot it...

Steve

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
Hey guys,
I'm planning on coming out this year. It'll be my first time. Are all guns welcome? I don't have any super-cool semi-auto stuff, but I have my humble little collection that I can bring. I just didn't want to bring anything that was frowned upon or that couldn't be used or whatever. Might try to invite a friend to come along and I know he's got a rather nice collection, too.

I'll definitely bring food. I can do chips, drinks, etc. if someone wants to PM me and let me know of anything specifically. If not, I'll just bring some goodies that everyone can enjoy.

I'm looking forward to the day. Should be great fun!!! :)

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
I think anything that is under the bore limit for civilian arms is good. Of course, if you do bring a fifty, expect a line of people who want to shoot it... once. :)

Non-tacticool stuff AFAIK is welcomed and encouraged. We'll ooh and aah over pretty much anything with a firing pin.

Saturday night special-types, while not illegal, I know I at least wouldn't want to be in the lane next to one being fired, simply as a safety issue.

heymatthew

Well-Known Fanatic
rotarymike said:
I think anything that is under the bore limit for civilian arms is good. Of course, if you do bring a fifty, expect a line of people who want to shoot it... once. :)

Non-tacticool stuff AFAIK is welcomed and encouraged. We'll ooh and aah over pretty much anything with a firing pin.

Saturday night special-types, while not illegal, I know I at least wouldn't want to be in the lane next to one being fired, simply as a safety issue.

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't have any tacticool stuff yet... I'm building my first AR currently, but I don't think it will be ready in time. I'll have to stick to my other non-tacticool stuff. :) And no Saturday Night Specials here... I prefer to keep my fingers where they are.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Blackpowder to beltfeds we'll play with all of 'em.

The gun doesn't have to be "ATAS" to hit the line. I thought a couple guys here were gonna faint when I whipped out a Colt SAA at one event, I don't think they had ever seen a revolver in my hand!

So yeah bring whatever YOU want to play with and I'm sure we can help you get them dirty.

Clicker

Well-Known Fanatic
Paco said:
Clicker said:
So yeah bring whatever YOU want to play with and I'm sure we can help you get them dirty.
So I can bring a slidefire make you shoot it?
:twisted:
I'm having flashbacks and cold sweats just thinking about that!
I can't helping feeling that I looked like Steve Martin in the movie "The Jerk" as he tries to clap & sing along with his family.

Pops

Well-Known Fanatic
Alexap!

bring a couple of holsters to the shoot. if you cant make yourself, you can send them to me.
Actually, bring samples of all your designs and sizes. Let people see what you have.
I appreciate your contribution.
I think the way to do it is to let them see your work and if we draw for a holster you can send the winner the holster that fits his gun.
We aren't generally allowed to take money at the range due to Federal rules in the forest.
But I think folks can contribute to the cost of the food etc. A donation isn't a sale.

thanx greatly!

Pops
:D

Latest posts