Fall ShootzenFest! December 1st 2012

11B3XCIB

Well-Known Fanatic
The suppressor-only time would be good to give people an idea of what they sound like. If I'm able to go, I'll have at least one with me shooting 9mm and .22 suppressed.

fordnut

Well-Known Fanatic
Sounds like a neat idea...except...rules state we have to let the range be open to anyone that wants to shoot...Some locals may not want to wait for an hour while we play "Quiet"....

Just saying...

Steve

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
I think we may have enough people/suppressors to occupy all the lanes for a bit
:D

Perhaps we should have a volley or two of 7.62x54r afterwards. Think we may have enough rifles for that as well :lol:

PCShogun

Well-Known Fanatic
I would agree that we need to be as obliging as possible else the DNR people may post rules prohibiting large gatherings in the future.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
If we don't try to hog the tables and let the locals know what we going to do and maybe invite them to try suppressed firing, they may be very obliging. Couldn't hurt to offer. Just a thought.

Paco

Well-Known Fanatic
Dave29461 said:
If we don't try to hog the tables and let the locals know what we going to do and maybe invite them to try suppressed firing, they may be very obliging. Couldn't hurt to offer. Just a thought.
I was thinking that was idea behind it, a suppressed weapon per lane and let people shoot them.

lafayette gregory

Well-Known Fanatic
We would never want to tell anyone who is not in our group what that can do at the public range. I was only talking about Us. If someone else wants to shoot then more power to them.
Of course, if we were to invite a guest at another table to shoot a suppressed Uzi without contributing ammo, they may find it fun. Its all in how we handle it. We could just schedule the time for us and if others participated all the better. if they do not, no sweat. If we can offer perks for them to participate- all the better.
maybe just 30 min would be better than one hour.

Dave29461

Well-Known Fanatic
Paco said:
Dave29461 said:
I was thinking that was idea behind it, a suppressed weapon per lane and let people shoot them.

Sorry Paco, just didn't want any incorrect or misunderstood assumptions. :D
Dave

Enjay

Well-Known Fanatic
Wouldn't it be fun if we could manage to take turns with the suppressed and full auto weapons? That would attract the attention of the locals for sure, ten minutes of pop pop pop, then ten minutes of all heck breaking loose, wash rinse repeat LOL

The General

Well-Known Fanatic
BTW: I'd be happy to act as a Range Safety Office for the event (while I'm not partaking of shooting).

Simple rules: Muzzles in safe direction, only unloaded guns behind the line, mags out until on the line, no handling guns while folks are downrange, and everyone has to let me shoot thier guns...

-Mike

lafayette gregory said:
redheadbombshell said:
God!! I want one of those so bad!! I have been looking for one ever since last year!!! I am planning on bringing a few new toys too!! :)
I know where you can get one and the price is right! And its all shinny and Pretty! How about a little Bling?

You and I need to chat soon!! I will be looking for you at the Shootzenfest.... or you can email me.

[email protected]

rotarymike

Well-Known Fanatic
That would be awesome. If it happens, let me know. Cell is six oh three one four four one. I'd be happy to contribute to the gas fund. Or we could both pack into my wife's 35mpg Mini, and only take handguns :)

I'm wavering anyway. I think the big draw at this point would be shooting someone else's .22LR upper on my slidefire, showing off the new K31 and maybe trading some brass. Well, the company too of course.

Latest posts