Votes: 6 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Yes or no? Right or wrong?
What are your thoughts, I've got my gun on my hip and heading out but think I will leave it in the car.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
I added a two day poll for those whom wish to share what they do but remain anonymous on the reasoning.

Bender

Well-Known Fanatic
I've voted last week at the circuit clerks office so, I didn't carry into the courthouse

Last edited:

Ethank

Active Fanatic
My polling place is my living room, as I live in a mail only area. So yeah, I carried to mine.

Babboonbobo

Well-Known Fanatic
Ended up riding motorcycle to polling place so kept it on me until I got there, left it in bike and put it back on when I was done then rode to the dealer where I store it for winter. This will more than likely be the last chance I have to get it up there because of weather (50deg with 35-45mph winds today) high is 40 or so for the next two weeks with snow in the forecast:( so I guess that's it for this years riding season. I can always ride the Honda if we get a Indian summer!

Last edited:

ILED93

Well-Known Fanatic
Not me. I vote at the fire station which is a "building under the control of a unit of local government", so, a prohibited place in IL.

ThePlumber

Well-Known Fanatic
I would have, but was headed to the hospital after. Now tomorrow, especially if the Dims don't have their blue wave, hell yes I am carrying.

OldGunner_43

Well-Known Fanatic
I served as "Senior Officer of Elections" in my voting precinct for three years in Virginia and nine years as a polling place volunteer before that. Our county Registrar for elections asked me once, "Do you carry a firearm when you are serving as the Senior Officer during elections?" My answer was that " if an armed person enters our polling place with the intent of disrupting the voting process or threatening the voters, he/she will not be unopposed and I will be in compliance with state statutes that apply". Fortunately, I never had to deal with that kind of situation. However, people in my (relatively small) county knew me pretty well and often remarked that they felt very secure knowing that I was prepared to keep their polling place safe and secure.

Fred_G

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
I did not, polling places are usually no guns here, and mine is at a school. But, I think we should be able to.

45caldude

Active Fanatic
I did not, because I drove the company vehicle to the polls. Not allowed to carry at work or company vehicles.

AZGUY1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Arizona State law prohibits the carrying of firearms in certain areas. These prohibited areas include:

• Hydroelectric or nuclear power generating stations. However, this does not apply to:
  • A peace officer or any person summoned by any peace officer to assist and while actually assisting in the performance of official duties.
  • A member of the military forces of the United States or of any state of the United States in the performance of official duties.
  • A warden, deputy warden, community correctional officer, detention officer, special investigator or correctional officer of the state department of corrections or the department of juvenile corrections.
  • A person specifically licensed, authorized or permitted pursuant to an Arizona or federal statute.
  • Polling places on election day. However, this does not apply to:
  • A peace officer or any person summoned by any peace officer to assist and while actually assisting in the performance of official duties.
  • A member of the military forces of the United States or of any state of the United States in the performance of official duties.
  • A warden, deputy warden, community correctional officer, detention officer, special investigator or correctional officer of the state department of corrections or the department of juvenile corrections.
  • A person specifically licensed, authorized or permitted pursuant to an Arizona or federal statute.
  • Secured areas of airports. However, this does not apply to:
  • General aviation areas not included in the security identification display area or sterile area as defined in the airport security program approved by the transportation security administration.
  • The lawful transportation of deadly weapons in accordance with state and federal law.
  • A peace officer or a federally sworn officer while in the actual performance of the officer's duties.
  • A member of the military forces of the United States or of any state of the United States in the actual performance of the member's official duties.
  • An individual who is authorized by a federal agency in the actual performance of the individual's official duties.
  • Inside a jail or on the grounds thereof.
  • K-12 School grounds. However, this does not apply to:
  • Firearms possessed for the purposes of preparing for, conducting or participating in hunter or firearm safety courses.
  • Firearms for use on the school grounds in a program approved by the school.
  • Unloaded firearms carried inside a means of transportation and under the control of an adult, provided that if the adult leaves the means of transportation, it is locked and the firearms are not visible from the outside.
  • Establishments which are licensed to sell alcohol for consumption on the premises. However, this does not apply to:
  • The licensee or an employee of the licensee acting with the permission of the licensee to be in possession of a firearm while on the licensed premises.
  • A person who is on the premises for a limited time to seek emergency aid, if such person does not buy, receive, consume, or possess alcohol while there.
  • Hotel or motel guest room accommodations.
  • The exhibition or display of a firearm in conjunction with a meeting, show, class or similar event.
  • A person with a concealed carry permit who carries a concealed handgun, provided that there is no properly notice posted forbidding such pursuant to A.R.S. 4-229, and provided that the concealed carry permit holder consumes no alcohol while on the premises.
  • Peace officers or members of a sheriff's volunteer posse while on duty who have received firearms training that is approved by the Arizona Peace Officer Standards and Training board.
  • Any private property or private establishment where the owner or any other person having lawful control over the property has given reasonable notice forbidding the carrying of deadly weapons or firearms. However, this does not apply to:
  • Officers of the law who are legally executing official duties
  • Lawfully possessed firearms that are in a locked and privately owned vehicle or in a locked compartment on a privately owned motorcycle and that are not visible from outside the vehicle or motorcycle.
  • Any public college or university where the carrying of deadly weapons or firearms has been prohibited by the governing board
  • On the grounds of or in a secure care facility under the jurisdiction of the department of juvenile corrections
  • In a correctional facility or the grounds of a correctional facility
In addition, political subdivisions have limited power to prohibit the carrying of firearms in certain areas as described above. Carrying a firearm at a jail, correctional facility, juvenile secure care facility, or in a hydroelectric or nuclear power generating station is a felony. Carrying a firearm in any other prohibited area, absent any other concomitant criminal conduct, is a misdemeanor. Carrying a firearm on private property or in a private establishment where it has been forbidden by the owner or another person having lawful control over the property is not expressly prohibited by law, but is held to constitute misdemeanor trespass. Carrying a firearm at a public college or university where it has been prohibited by the governing board is not expressly prohibited by law, but is held to violate provisions of ARS 13-2911, which prohibits "interference with or disruption of an educational institution". The restrictions pertaining to licensed liquor establishments do not apply to liquor stores or other stores that sell only closed containers of alcohol for consumption off the premises.