Carry magazines? What kind?

jimkahler

Fanatic
Kimber Kim Pro Tac Mag (7 round) in the pistol and 1 Wilson Combat 10 rnd on my belt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maligator

Fanatic
Well I saw these at Gunmagwarehouse and of course I had to buy a few. My stock 1911 mags were all seven rounders and these were eight so I thought I needed them. I've shot them several times and they've functioned without issues. I would be confident carrying these, plus I have to say I love the message engraved on the side. 4484

Jammer Six

Well-Known Fanatic
The 1911 was designed for seven round mags. Extra rounds both add and lower pressure at different points in the cycle.

I own forty or fifty mags for my 1911s. All of them are seven rounds.

If you need more ammo, train reload drills. If you own eight round mags, train jam drills.

RStone

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been a die hard fan of Wilson Combat ..... until recently. I have been shooting a commander of WC using new mags. The gun started having issues. With new mag out of the wrapper I stared seeing feeding problems and failure to lock the slide back on the last round. I could not find an issue so WC looked at the gun. Nothing was found wrong but I continued to have issues. I took advantage of Ed Brown's trade in any magazine and get one of theirs for $10. No problems with the gun since. My older WC mags work fine. I've heard comments from other shooters they had some issues with new mags from WC also. I'll chock it up to QA from a specific lot.
8 rounders are all I'll use in my Govt and Commander models.

apipeguy

Well-Known Fanatic
I have been a die hard fan of Wilson Combat ..... until recently. I have been shooting a commander of WC using new mags. The gun started having issues. With new mag out of the wrapper I stared seeing feeding problems and failure to lock the slide back on the last round. I could not find an issue so WC looked at the gun. Nothing was found wrong but I continued to have issues. I took advantage of Ed Brown's trade in any magazine and get one of theirs for $10. No problems with the gun since. My older WC mags work fine. I've heard comments from other shooters they had some issues with new mags from WC also. I'll chock it up to QA from a specific lot.
8 rounders are all I'll use in my Govt and Commander models.

I have found that the new Wilson mags need to be loaded and then I let them sit for a week before using them to set the springs. With that I have not had any issues.

STI

Well-Known Fanatic
What ever works no preference
Daily carry a Glock magazine for my old 32

Buck Buck

Well-Known Fanatic
I looked it up to make sure I had the correct model #. I have the 2 original magazines for my SS Colt Commander - ALL the rest are Wilson Combat 500 - not one single problem, best materials and easy to clean !

Wilson Combat 500 - 1911 Elite Tactical Magazine, .45 ACP, Full-Size, 8 Round, ETM Base Pad
" No-Risk Service Policy - If It Breaks from Normal Use, We Replace It ! "

I had ordered one of the new Chip McCormick mags, CMC Products' RPM or Railed Power Mags, but had major loading problems with rounds feeding in my Colt. They had some disclamer about issues in some pistols. I wasn't inclined to allow that for a Colt, I needed gun mod(s) to make their magazines work.
YMMV, but I requested and they gave me a full refund inc. shipping!!

I'm very pleased with all my Wilson Combat mags!
:)

Last edited:

FWoo45

Well-Known Fanatic
Depends on the gun. Wilson's 47d's and EMT's in the Chambers gat. Tripp's in the IA. CmC in the BEC.

Latest posts