Can you guys talk me out of an SBR?

imacgyver

Founding Member
I enjoy building the AR, but nothing gets me heated like 30 rounds of 7.62x39 - I wish I could pick up an AK74 in 5.45 soon.

Glocktogo

Well-Known Fanatic
I know they're useless Mike, that isn't telling me something I already know. :)

Useless hasn't really stopped me from an endeavor yet though. I'll shoot a few more and let it stew for a little while longer, that's helped get rid of the want before.

This is a rare instance where I disagree with Mike. I think a 10.5" to 12.5" SBR AR is a practical use carbine, within it's limitations. Stoke it with some TAP T2 or one of the new Barnes bullet loadings and it becomes a very good defensive carbine out to 100 yards or so. It makes a lot more sense in a HD role than a shotgun or pistol, particularly if your defensive plan is to barricade and wait for the BG's to come to you. As pointed out, they work really well from a vehicle and I'm not aware of anyone that wants to get shot with a .22 Hornet., particularly in the bread basket or face! :)

I'm going to admit that my SHTF carbine is a 14.5". But for HD, lighting it off with the Battle Comp 1.5 indoors doesn't appeal to me. So the 11.5" 6933 with M4-2K suppressor gets the nod for HD.

imacgyver

Founding Member
I like these as super awesome alternatives!

mini-draco.jpg

kel_plr.jpg

english kanigit

Well-Known Fanatic
Oklahoma - At the Bubonic Bed and Breakfast lookin

Wormydog1724

ATAS Ninja
You guys should have shot the full auto suppressed 300blk at USSA a couple months ago. Omfg it was awesome. I wish it was SBR too but the 16" with the suppressed really wasn't all that bad, even in the shoot house.

Latest posts