Businesses That Do NOT Support Firearms Carry

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Its all subjective.... ultimately its the da that decides on charges. I'll try to corner one up on the issue next week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
Tinseltown Movie theatre after selling me a ticket and the person selling the ticket commented on it saying oh yeah open carry went in to effect. I went inside getting several thumbs up from the employees I ordered a decent amount of food and was then was greeted by a manager telling me to leave my weapon in the car or leave the premises. I politely told him it wasn't posted but I will happily cooperate . but asked if he could show me where it was posted. After searching for a while he was able to show me on a carboard sign at the very last ticket booth on the side where you can't read it (firearms prohibited) in ornate writing along with all the other (benefits) of the theatre. He said that its psoted but its kept "discrete" to not offend people. I told him by law it is suppose to be posted in plain view. The manager told me I could see the movie i just needed to leave it in the car. I informed him based on the crime rate at this theatre in the past and being that there were no police or security guards present at the time I would feel unsafe being unarmed so i would like my money back. He asked about all the food I ordered I said I wasnt paying for it as i wasnt going to be seeing the movie. I got my money back for the tickets and left as the manager stared at me about as angrily as the taliban watching a woman learning how to read. so in conclusion tinseltown is against people having any protection for their patrons concealled ,open or hired security.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Moral of that story.... concealed carry you would have been eating popcorn and watching a movie.... that's horse crap about a cardboard sign where no one can see it.

dennishoddy

I saw a thread on another forum that I frequent that gave a tutorial about how to talk to somebody telling you to leave. It was an informative argument, that eventually worked on the OC's favor.

I think this is the way we need to approach this.

Educate and don't be offensive.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
If I would have concealled it I would have been eating their popcorn. I'm Glad that I didn't now I know where they stand and wont give them my business anymore.

okshooter26

Well-Known Fanatic
Due to mexico being dangerous I wouldnt go there either but people do. but knowing how tinseltown stands I certainly wont give them anymore business. I will say in a positive note Lowe's seems to be fine with it. never got hasseled once just a lot of thumbs up. also Planet Sub restaurant in edmond is good with open carry. I was supprised as its mainly ran by a bunch of hippies but hey its good food and they are for our rights so I will continue to shop there.

dennishoddy

Went to my local gas station this morning, and saw. New sign on the door.
No guns unless your a police officer.

I'll call their store manager Monday and see if we can discuss this.

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Its all subjective.... ultimately its the da that decides on charges. I'll try to corner one up on the issue next week.

Sounds like we should have had something changed to clarify this issue. The 7-11 by my house has a no gun sign on the front door, but not the side door and I'm supposed to leave it up to the current DA at the time of offense as to whether or not I'm breaking the law in such a case that I go through a door with a no guns sign not posted, but find out later there was a sign on another door?

ChrisC

Revolver Division
That's pretty much how every criminal case is handled. Its up to the district attorney to ultimately file charges.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Sounds like we should have had something changed to clarify this issue. The 7-11 by my house has a no gun sign on the front door, but not the side door and I'm supposed to leave it up to the current DA at the time of offense as to whether or not I'm breaking the law in such a case that I go through a door with a no guns sign not posted, but find out later there was a sign on another door?

Sounds about as confusing as outlaw 3 gun rules.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Due to its popularity for crime I wouldn't go to Tinseltown even with a gun.
how about a six man military squad with air support?

I figured that there would be a lot more signs going up due to the "I see people with Guns" syndrom.... out of sight out of mind...

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
One of my frequent stops for gas and what not has a shiny new no guns sign. Circle k 24th and lindsey norman,ok

JoesGlock

Well-Known Fanatic
I was very disappointed to see a new no guns sign on Jimmy's Egg in Yukon this morning....

sofapizza

New Fanatic
I noticed that CVS Pharmacy on 89th and western has recently put up 6 signs on the front door saying no firearms allowed and i will be taking my business elswhere

dennishoddy

It says unless you are a Police Officer?

As promised, here is the pic. There were only two of us in the store as customers, and two clerks. One saw me take a pic of the sign on the door, so when my friend and I walked in, one clerk commented on my taking a pic of the sign. As I checked out, the other walked out from the back and got pretty mouthy. My buddy and I taking the high road made comments that OC and CC gun owners were the safest people as we had been checked by the OSBI, were respectable citizens, and so on. The first clerk mouthed the words, "I hate it too", but stood mute.
I was about to cut loose, and decided to walk away, but I did comment on leaving that I was going to post this on the internet. last time I looked, my buddy that is more politically correct than I was still in the store talking to them.

F6F16D30-D66B-4558-ACB9-901D152CB99C-4378-00000942222754D3.jpg

Latest posts