Businesses That Do NOT Support Firearms Carry

SpaceFlunky

Well-Known Fanatic
this one is the one with my fave wording on it.

9z1Gd.jpg

that's the first sign that actually "looks" like mine...so I guess if it was a "no firearms allowed" I'd have to oblige this time....

I think all the NO signs should be Revolvers =)

DonC

grumpy old fat man
Post them up here so we all can see who doesn't want us shopping in their stores. If someone has a better title for this thread I'm all ears.

There are a lot of companies that do NOT descrimanate against Concealed Carry but I suspect that open carry is another thing. how do we feel about that situation? I work in the retail industry and i suspect my company is going to frown upon open carry which may very well encompass concealed carry as an after effect.

Iggie

Well-Known Fanatic
Spaghetti warehouse
7-11
Cort furniture
Waffle House
Cherokee strip credit union
Quail Springs Mall
Bricktown Brewery
Brix Sports Bar
Toys-R-us
IBC

I didn't know you could carrt in any bank... I guess I need to get some of those cards.

I figured there would be more no guns signs going up as a knee jerk reaction, I guess they have watched to many movies.

WinchesterModel12

Active Fanatic
Question..........
Does a no firearms sign have authority of the law?
Can I be charged with a crime if I do not see the sign and enter?

Some of you may remember that I am new to the state and do not know all of the firearm laws yet. (probably never will know all of them)

benjamin-benjamin

snickerpuss
Question..........
Does a no firearms sign have authority of the law?
Can I be charged with a crime if I do not see the sign and enter?

Some of you may remember that I am new to the state and do not know all of the firearm laws yet. (probably never will know all of them)

from what i was told by the LEO that taught my CCW class, the sign does not have the authority of the law, you cannot be charged with anything... but if the see it and ask you to leave and you refuse then you are trespassing... so basically if you carry and then bend over and an employee sees it and calls the cops you cannot be charged with anything unless you refuse to leave.... make sense??

dennishoddy

Spaghetti warehouse
7-11
Cort furniture
Waffle House
Quail Springs Mall
Bricktown Brewery
Brix Sports Bar
Toys-R-us
IBC

I didn't know you could carrt in any bank... I guess I need to get some of those cards.

I figured there would be more no guns signs going up as a knee jerk reaction, I guess they have watched to many movies.

Its the banks option. The Cherokee strip bank I listed has a sign on the door saying no firearms, no sunglasses, no ball caps, and no hoodies.

Like thats going to stop any bank robber.

jtischauser

I'm addicted to kicking ass
Spaghetti warehouse
7-11
Cort furniture
Waffle House
Quail Springs Mall
Bricktown Brewery
Brix Sports Bar
Toys-R-us
IBC
Reno Mart (Reno & Portland, OKC)

Corey

Well-Known Fanatic
At Locke supply they have had a sign along the lines of
You are welcome to lawfully carry a concealled fire arm but we respectfully ask you not to open carry

Troy

Well-Known Fanatic
Spaghetti warehouse
7-11
Cort furniture
Waffle House
Quail Springs Mall
Bricktown Brewery
Brix Sports Bar
Toys-R-us
IBC
Reno Mart (Reno & Portland, OKC)

Mathis Brothers
Buy 4 Less (Yukon)

Yukon's Buy 4 Less has a very large sign making their thoughts on our rights very clear, they don't agree our rights.

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Actually according to the state statue the sign can land you with a unlawful carry charge. As per the lesson plan and state law. I've cited it before. You could also be technically charged with trespassing per letter of the law. But what do I know as an SDA instructor and a 10 year LEO.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
Actually according to the state statue the sign can land you with a unlawful carry charge. As per the lesson plan and state law. I've cited it before. You could also be technically charged with trespassing per letter of the law. But what do I know as an SDA instructor and a 10 year LEO.

Ok. Where do I find this. There is no penalty in the SDA law except for carrying in a prohibited place. There seems to be a lot of debate about this. What is a "unlawful carry charge"? The general thinking seemes to be gun buster signs are pretty much limited to trespassing if you don't leave when asked. Some say the sign is the warning. I just wasn't familiar with unlawful carry and what that meant.

I thought unlawful carry was for persons wo a SDA card.

Also is carrying a gun wo card a felony?

ChrisC

Revolver Division
Ok. Where do I find this. There is no penalty in the SDA law except for carrying in a prohibited place. There seems to be a lot of debate about this. What is a "unlawful carry charge"?  The general thinking seemes to be gun buster signs are pretty much limited to trespassing if you don't leave when asked. Some say the sign is the warning. I just wasn't familiar with unlawful carry and what that meant.

I thought unlawful carry was for persons wo a SDA card.

Also is carrying a gun wo card a felony?

Look at 21 1290.22 says business owner has the right to prohibit weapons inside their businesses.

1290.4 says 1272 applies where prohibited.

1272 says its a misdemeanor

1276 outlines the punishment. Subsection b says your SDA can be suspended for 6 months plus fines and up to 30 days in county.

Only a felony in a school. With or without a permit. With a permit you can be fined more for unlawful carry

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
That's very good information. Thank you Chris. I'm rereading again. One of the local prominent gun attorneys I think is wrong with his interpretation of this.

WillR

Well-Known Fanatic
I was reading it differently before. I was understanding prohibited places were only schools govt buildings etc. Not places with the little sign I can never see. Very interesting.

Latest posts