Kimber Anyone have any thoughts on the Kimber Eclipse?

Hairtrigger

Fanatic
I ended up getting the Kimber Eclipse. I'm hoping to take it out this week coming to try it out. I believe that it's from 2017, at least it matches the one in the 2017 Kimber catalog. I'll try to take pictures this weekend. The Raptor 2 I have shoots really good and never had a problem with it.
I would love to hear the reasons… the current situation is there are several budget makers of the 1911 and the owners have good things to say about them

NavyVet19

Fanatic
I Traded. I like Kimbers, never had a problem with them.
I have several 1911's. 3 Kimbers, Colt 1911 Chateau Thierry, Tisa 1911A1, Springfield Armory Garrison.
It seems there's alot of people that have problems with 1911's. The main source of problems can be traced to magazines, limp wrist, etc. Also the 1911 is difficult for alot of people to master. I've had dozens of 1911's over the years and 50+ years experience with them.

HooDoo Man

Well-Known Fanatic
Fanatic Family
Peoples Republic of California (Northern)
I Traded. I like Kimbers, never had a problem with them.
I have several 1911's. 3 Kimbers, Colt 1911 Chateau Thierry, Tisa 1911A1, Springfield Armory Garrison.
It seems there's alot of people that have problems with 1911's. The main source of problems can be traced to magazines, limp wrist, etc. Also the 1911 is difficult for alot of people to master. I've had dozens of 1911's over the years and 50+ years experience with them.
BS. The Kimber Swarts safety is the stupidest things to ever be produced. Trash.

dennishoddy

I'm assuming my Custom 2 doesn't have that kind of safety but it's over 10 years old, no clue what that safety even is
My Custom Target II does not have that Swartz safety. Evidently, some lawyer influenced the makers of Kimber to include that in some models.
Lots of Kimber 1911's out there without one.

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Agreed, most of us guilty including me of having a sample of one or two great pistol X or one or two bad pistol X and taking the position that our couple of great guns represent every pistol by that manufacturer or the couple of bad guns represent every pistol by that manufacturer, I'm guilty of that with Kimber not being afraid to buy another, would now watch out for that safety and guilty of bad with Colts, but it is hard to get bad experience out of your head, and I know there are good Colts and bad Kimbers

porschedog

Active Fanatic
I've never had a problem with a Kimber, but if price is no object when it's time to add to the collection, I'd send my money to Bill Wilson.

Jhavers

Fanatic
I would never own another Kimber. Dan Wesson has all steel parts no mim and are more reliable than Kimber. I prefer the upper end models from Springfield armory or Dan Wesson. I would not walk but run away from anything Kimber

mm1911

Well-Known Fanatic
Love Wilson Combat, if my Desert Eagle hadn't of turned out so good would have kept saving for the Wilson CQB 5" 9mm, also got an eye for the black Kimber Warrior, one of these days maybe, I forgot about 4-5 years ago I had the Kimber Desert Warrior with threaded barrel, thought that would scratch the Warrior itch but I like my 1911's blued or black, just couldn't get on board with the desert brown but like my Custom 2 it ran fine, but as far as running away from something based on my sample size of 2 it would be Colt

Latest posts